Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Government Support Through Tough Times

Have you ever tried to get federal benefits? Good luck, I waited 9 months for money owed me and my granddaughter is 1 year old next month and my daughter just started to receive the child benefit.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by locgo View Post
    My wife works part-time for the local school board and will continue to be paid presumably. I am a pharmacist-owner who will be in my dispensary distributing Suboxone, methadone, and Naloxone kits to our patients throughout this situation. My partners and I run 7 locations with probably 1000 plus patients total. We were already hit with government cutbacks late last year. Now, add staff members staying home due to pre-existing conditions and/or age. And yet, I’m the lucky one. At least I’m not stuck at home with 4 loud kids for 3 weeks. lol
    No offence dude but the goverment pays 100 percent for the distribution of those products to drug addicts who keep overdosing then come back for more free kits or try to kick it and get free methadone so they can collect disability. I know addicts who have overdosed numerous times but it doesnt seem to be a big deal because tax payers keep brining them back.
    "My idea of gun control is keeping guns from bad people." - captain obvious

Trump is giving almost every American $1200... we are practically getting jack S**T from JT... since CANADA is Very reliant on its oil and gas industry, hate it or love it, we are going to get screwed much worse than America. Not to mention the useless clown we have for a leader...
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

Awesome post, thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Have the banks not been making record profits for the last decade or so?

If they have, perhaps it's time to give a little back.... or at least take a profit freeze till people get back to work.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Being retired, I don't qualify for any of this "free" money from the guberment. My retirement investments sure are taking a beating!!! Where's my Covid relief???
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Then if you look closely at the 82 billion that is being thrown around, you will discover that it is mostly smoke and mirrors. Over 50 billion will show up as a cost int this year but that same amount will show up as a "surplus" next year. All because of delaying the income tax payment for a month. There was an article about this in one of the newspapers from Toronto recently.
    Good old liberal honesty .......

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoTrekr View Post
    Calgary transit has introduced procedures where the driver of the bus does not need to verify a persons fare, and they are requesting people get on the bus through the back door. As a consequence, they have publicly said that they are trusting the public to be honest, and to rip up their own tickets upon getting on the bus. You can imagine where many people are expanding this policy to - FREE FARE! Now try and imagine the type of people that the news of free transportation would attract in an urban environment.
    This was an OH&S decision. We do not want passengers within that close proximity to operators.

Most agencies have made the switch across North America. All have seen 70-80% decreases notwithstanding the free fares. Hopefully Calgary Transit increases security as there are now less routes and frequency to cover.

San Francisco is the only agency I talked to that has seen an increase in vagrancy on their buses, but are working to mitigate with security now.

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    Being retired, I don't qualify for any of this "free" money from the guberment. My retirement investments sure are taking a beating!!! Where's my Covid relief???
    At least your "firearm investments" are going to go up. There's that.

BANNED
    I’m convinced his wife doesn’t even have the virus. They are just using it as an excuse to hide out in Rideau Cottage.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast