Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norinco 1897 Trench Gun

CGN frequent flyer
    Sales wise, this will appeal to CAS shooters, and they are looking for exactly this gun, if it is good enough as a starting point.

I agree that it’s a riot gun not technically a trench gun, but all it needs is a reproduction heat shield. I can tell you though, these things are a riot that you can abuse more than an actual trench gun. They’re a guilt free way to burn through a box of shells while blasting from the hip.

The short version is, you need this awesomeness in your life.
    A fear of weapons from 80's action movies, not logic, created the disaster that is our firearms act.

Absolutely. I have one from an older batch of imports. I took it apart and gave it a youtube cowboy action slicking and it has run flawlessly for me for a few years now. Great purchase. Remember to locktite your screws when you put it back together and have everything adjusted right. Slam firing can loosen things after a while.
    NSCC 2018 Designated Marksman champion
    CAFSAC 2018 10th place Service Rifle
    AOSC Bisley, UK 2019 19th place international shooter

I had a real '97 for a lot of years and just wasn't using it any more and my son had no use for it so I sold it to a CGN'r. I hope it is still running fine. I think he made a trench gun out of it.
    I had a NORC 1911 that looked like a 1911, it fired like a 1911, take down was like a 1911 and it was marked 1911. A lot of fun no matter where it was made.

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    People are funny.

Click the link, and read folks. It is a "contemporary reproduction". In my books, that makes it neither trench or riot.

Throw in the word configuration, as one smarter individual here has, and that adds an element of sense.

I can see why Wanstall's would call it the same as the manufacturer and distributor. For anyone that does inventory searches, I would be willing to bet that if each level of search all is the same information, it's probably a whole lot easier to manage.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

CGN Regular
    Call it whatever you want I guess. They shoulda called it the Wild Bunch replica. Now I want one.

GunNutz
    Some of the guys around here figure they're forgotten weapons or something. F#$k off and make your own trench gun then. Waaaa waaaaa waaaaa... Nothing but whining around here, jesus
    HBAR or GTFO

CGN frequent flyer
    Definite market niche for someone to come out with heat shield kits to turn these into proper trench guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12