WS-MCR Fieldstrip and Maintenance

Wolverine .303

Business Member Rep
Business Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

A simple and straightforward instructional fieldstrip and maintenance video for your WS-MCR rifle.
-
-
Recommended Tools
-
4mm T-Handle Hex Wrench
1/4 inch Wrench
3/32" Punch
Brass Hammer
Punch Block
-
-
Note: When reassembling gas system, do not use any oils on the gas plug. Use a dry film such as Boretech Quick Dry, or a grease such as Slip2000 EWG (Extreme Weapons Grease). (7:18)
-
Note: When reinstalling the handguard, tighten the 3x 4mm hex head screws on the handguard to 50 inch pounds. (8:29)
-
-
-
Wolverine Supplies
Virden, MB Canada
Phone: (204) 748 2454
Email: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
-
Give us a follow and like our page!
-
#wolverinewatch #wolverinesupplies #wsmcr

Great video. Overall it looks like it is very well made. I have a question regarding the 3D printed spacer between the handguard and upper receiver. Navy Shooter did a review and it was on his rifle. The one on the video does not appear to have one. I was just wondering if these are only on some rifles and why they are needed?

Last edited:
Would be neet if the 7.62x39 gun would come with a fortis switch or something similar to clean after shooting corrosive ammo.

Also are the 7.62x39 gun optimized for surplus? Somme non comblock gun seem to have a hard time running surplus.

Great video. Overall it looks like it is very well made. I have a question regarding the 3D printed spacer between the handguard and upper receiver. Navy Shooter did a review and it was on his rifle. The one on the video does not appear to have one. I was just wondering if these are only on some rifles and why they are needed?

Not all handguards have them, we allocate hand guards from multiple sources to make sure we can get guns completed and proceeded into the hands of end users. There is a couple hundred I believe that have this spacer on them, the remainder do not.

@10:01 "Now using your wife's tooth brush keep that bolt nice and clean" hahaha.
Great video. Thank you for the instructions and "doom break" humor. :)

Would be neet if the 7.62x39 gun would come with a fortis switch or something similar to clean after shooting corrosive ammo.

Also are the 7.62x39 gun optimized for surplus? Somme non comblock gun seem to have a hard time running surplus.

You should have no problems with surplus, please report back your findings. We are shipping the first WS-MCR in 7,62 x 39 tomorrow.

Will there be a PDF manual put out for the MCR? Something we can download from your website? I thought I saw John discussing his intention to eventually write one in another post, or perhaps the Wolverine newsletter. Of course I am only asing for a friend.. sadly I tipped my canoe today while enroute home from the Post.

Didn't know they are still selling these. Do any retailers even have them?

They get a shipment of them every week or two, some of which they rapidly sell directly, and some of which they forward to partner dealers. They suggest you keep an eye at your local dealer, as they could have a copy arrive in the mail at random times.

Not all handguards have them, we allocate hand guards from multiple sources to make sure we can get guns completed and proceeded into the hands of end users. There is a couple hundred I believe that have this spacer on them, the remainder do not.

I ended up with a rifle that has this spacer. Is is possible to send the handguard to Spectre and receive back one not needing this spacer?

Is there is any specific reason the design was changed from 3 hex screws to 2 to hold the handguard in place? Also wondering the same as mentioned above, if a spacer was used do we have any options to get it swapped for a proper fitting handguard?

Received my WS-MCR recently and I am shocked at how difficult it is to remove the front and rear takedown pins. I needed to use a punch and an armors hammer to lightly tap them out, using a pen with as much pressure as I could would not pop them. Putting them back in proved to be even more challenging. In addition to that, the castle nut was loose enough to turn with the fingers.

I have tools to work on my firearms, but realizing many don't, this would be quite disappointing.

Any comments from other users?

Received my WS-MCR recently and I am shocked at how difficult it is to remove the front and rear takedown pins. I needed to use a punch and an armors hammer to lightly tap them out, using a pen with as much pressure as I could would not pop them. Putting them back in proved to be even more challenging. In addition to that, the castle nut was loose enough to turn with the fingers.

I have tools to work on my firearms, but realizing many don't, this would be quite disappointing.

Any comments from other users?

Same here, it was dry and when oiled some corrosion stain started oozing out. Definitely needs some further thinking...

Back
Top Bottom