Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WS-MCR Fieldstrip and Maintenance

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Silencer View Post
    Didn't know they are still selling these. Do any retailers even have them?
    They get a shipment of them every week or two, some of which they rapidly sell directly, and some of which they forward to partner dealers. They suggest you keep an eye at your local dealer, as they could have a copy arrive in the mail at random times.

BANNED
    Will you guys be selling parts kits for these?

Save me from having to buy two more, haha!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    Not all handguards have them, we allocate hand guards from multiple sources to make sure we can get guns completed and proceeded into the hands of end users. There is a couple hundred I believe that have this spacer on them, the remainder do not.

I ended up with a rifle that has this spacer. Is is possible to send the handguard to Spectre and receive back one not needing this spacer?
    Il messanger non è importante

Is there is any specific reason the design was changed from 3 hex screws to 2 to hold the handguard in place? Also wondering the same as mentioned above, if a spacer was used do we have any options to get it swapped for a proper fitting handguard?
    CSSA/NFA Member / Silverdale Member

Anyone know if there is an upgrade bolt catch/release available or coming? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macdonda View Post
    Anyone know if there is an upgrade bolt catch/release available or coming? Thanks
    This would be great. Is it possible for the MCR to have a bad type lever?
    Member of CCFR

CGN Regular
    do you sell MCR uppers and other parts ???

CGN Regular
    Received my WS-MCR recently and I am shocked at how difficult it is to remove the front and rear takedown pins. I needed to use a punch and an armors hammer to lightly tap them out, using a pen with as much pressure as I could would not pop them. Putting them back in proved to be even more challenging. In addition to that, the castle nut was loose enough to turn with the fingers.

I have tools to work on my firearms, but realizing many don't, this would be quite disappointing.

Any comments from other users?

Quote Originally Posted by Taurkon View Post
    Received my WS-MCR recently and I am shocked at how difficult it is to remove the front and rear takedown pins. I needed to use a punch and an armors hammer to lightly tap them out, using a pen with as much pressure as I could would not pop them. Putting them back in proved to be even more challenging. In addition to that, the castle nut was loose enough to turn with the fingers.

I have tools to work on my firearms, but realizing many don't, this would be quite disappointing.

Any comments from other users?
    Same here, it was dry and when oiled some corrosion stain started oozing out. Definitely needs some further thinking...

My upper and lower are stiff but are starting to separate easier ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12