Thread: Target Sports Canada update - 24 March 2020

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar

Target Sports Canada update - 24 March 2020

Dear Target Family,

As we can all agree, we in unfamiliar territory at this time and I’d like to take a couple of minutes of your time to bring you up to speed:

Range use:

Effective immediately, the ranges are not accessible to our members or the public. We will keep them available for our law enforcement and security agencies as they still need to qualify. But this use will be coordinated DIRECTLY with the agencies, NOT individual members.

Memberships:

As we have been forced to close, we will put all memberships “on hold” and add the appropriate time to the end. You as a valued part of the Target Family will not be disadvantaged. If you need to cancel, we will offer prorated refunds.

The Store

We fall under the “essential services” in Ontario due to:

Retail and Wholesaling
    10. Safety supply stores (for e.g. work clothes, Personal Protective Equipment);

Agriculture and food production
    21. Businesses that farm, harvest, process, manufacture, produce or distribute food, including beverages, crops, animal products and by-products, aquaculture, hunting and fishing

Because of this, we are going to remain open primarily to support our LE/Security client base. However, to reduce the risks to both our staff, agency members and you, our clients, we will be restricting access to our store front to ONLY 5 clients at a time. We will buzz you in from the vestibule as appropriate and sanitize the vestibule including the door constantly.

Hours of operation:

With all of the additional cleaning involved, we are going to be reducing our access hours to:

Weekdays 10am to 6pm
    Weekends 10am to 4pm

Alternate ordering

PHONE 905-888-8288

Please feel free to phone in your order in advance and a staff member will be happy to bring you your purchase directly to your vehicle. Please do ensure you have your PAL on you to show our staff, as NO order for firearms or ammunition will be released without us PHYSICALLY seeing it.

EMAIL: sales@targetsportscanada.com

Facebook Messenger: message or chat via FaceBook messenger to ask questions about individual products or to get real time photos of inventory.

Instagram messages: TargetSportsCanada to ask questions about individual products or to get real time photos of inventory.

Courses:
    Due to the social distancing requirements, we have temporarily suspended ALL courses. This includes the CLSC, PAL courses, etc. We will reschedule th moment it looks safe and responsible to do so.

Final message

We are doing everything possible to make this difficult time as “reasonable” as possible and to avoid the “panic buy” mentality.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly:

My email: jr@theedgegroup.ca

My phone #: 403-720-4867

Be careful, be safe… and wash your hands!

Sincerely,

JR
    Owner
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

As an FYI:

During this time, we are not just sitting on or hands as well...

The HVAC ductwork and set up in the bays is getting completely redone over the next few weeks.... When we do re-open, you will see a seriously improved range.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Update: 25 March 2020

4 pallets of ammo have arrived...

Come on in or call 905-888-8288 for details.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Regular
    I guess with all this range down time we can expect a working, retail website...or no need to rush into the year 2000.....

I've been a member for a while here now. With this down time is it possible to have better visible markers every 5 meters down range. So its easier to know what distance our targets are at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrossin View Post
    I guess with all this range down time we can expect a working, retail website...or no need to rush into the year 2000.....
    We're seriously working on it... contracts signed, database being cleaned up...
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

We keep putting the markers up and then they get shot down... Grrrrrrr

I'll pass this on though, maybe we can paint the floors.

But what is very important is that the HVAC is getting rebuilt during this down time as well.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Hey JR - new member at gun nutz and at target sports (joined jan 15, 2020), just wondering if you’ll reopen the range this week? maybe just every other bay?
    Last edited by shaan; 05-18-2020 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling error

We sent out an e-blast on Friday... We will be opening up for full members only (no guests) on Friday, may 22nd!
    \"J.R."\
    CEO