Expired Business Member

1010 Cross Mag ™ FAQ - Please Read

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 7.48.29 PM.jpg
Views: 7433
Size:  37.6 KB

http://www.crossindustriesinc.com/
    ***Website under development

https://www.instagram.com/crossindustries/
    ***Follow for production updates prior to launch!

Q: When will these magazines be available?
    A: These magazines will be available across North America Q3 2018. An official release date has not been made yet, we will update this thread, Instagram, and our website when it becomes available.

Q: Where can I buy these magazines?
    A: Cross Industries sells through distributors only. We are aiming to supply a range of distributors so that any retailer has the option of carrying our products.

Q: Are these magazines legal for sale in my country?
    A: Canada – Magazines fall into two simple categories in Canada. Prohibited and un-controlled. Prohibited magazines cannot be owned by civilians regardless of licensing. Un-controlled magazines do not require a license of any type to purchase. Un-controlled magazines are defined as magazines designed and manufactured for rifles holding 5 or less of their designed for cartridge, or magazines designed and manufactured for pistols holding 10 or less of their designed for cartridge. The 1010 CROSS MAG falls into the latter category of un-controlled magazine, designed and manufactured for a Pistol. There is no official approval/certification system in place in Canada for magazines.

Q: Will these mags fit my xxxx firearm?
    A: Cross Industries has only tested fit in various AR15 Pistols available in Canada. The Cross Industries sub forum is not the place to discuss what the 1010 CROSS MAG ™ may or may not fit into, nor is it the place to discuss modifying a firearm to accept these magazines.

Q: What added parts or tools do I need to couple these magazines in any of the 4 shown configurations?
    A: No additional parts are required, and the only tool you need is a small diameter blunt object (bullet tip works great). The coupler is integral to the floor plate of the magazine, and is not something that you purchase separately.

Q: How are these magazines packaged?
    A: These magazines are only sold in pairs. The coupler is integral to the floor plate of the magazine and is not an additional component. The Canadian Msrp of $59.99 is for two magazines/1pair.

Q: I don’t want to couple and flip my mags. Will you make a magazine extension to fit these magazines?
    A: No. Due to the geometry of the coupling system there is no practical method of making a robust single piece magazine extension, it would have to be built in several parts, just like another magazine. If you don’t want to flip your mags, you can run your bottom mag empty to mimic a mag extension.

Q: What colors are these mags available in?
    A: At this time they are only available in transparent smoked black. Later this year we plan to offer transparent smoked green and tan colors.

Q: What material is the spring made of?
    A: Nickel coated 17-7 stainless.

Q: Where are these magazines designed and manufactured?
    A: Here at Cross Industries in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. The raw polymer, stainless wire, and packaging materials are made in the USA.

Q: How do I clean my magazines?
    A: Warm soapy water. Do not use solvents. If your magazines come in contact with solvents or harsh chemicals, cleaning them with warm soapy water should prevent any damage.

Q: How does your polymer material stand up to impact and cold weather?
    A: Designed to perform in the frigid north, our polymer is a new to market material that is specially formulated for cold weather impact resistance. Its unique properties allow virtually no change in mechanical properties from 73f/20c to -22f/-30c, whereas most polymer materials used for magazines have between .125-.25 the strength at -22f/-30c compared to room temperature. This gives us on average 3-8x better impact resistance than competitive materials at -22f/-30c.

Name:  CROSS-TAC-14.jpg
Views: 7354
Size:  33.2 KB
    Last edited by Cross Industries; 05-23-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Interesting

nice

CGN frequent flyer
    Yes
    CCFR

So those are clearly 5.56mm...........but how about 7.62x39?

We have a severe neglect in options for x39 AR magazines in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Very cool mags, awesome to see Canadian gun accessories like these brought to market.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!

CGN Regular
    Can't wait to get my hands on some of these! *Your buddy from ActionCloseReviews

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grove View Post
    So those are clearly 5.56mm...........but how about 7.62x39?

We have a severe neglect in options for x39 AR magazines in Canada.
    We feel your pain! We are starting with one mag in 5.56mm for now, but aren't stopping there. Much more to come. We hear you!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Very cool mags, awesome to see Canadian gun accessories like these brought to market.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast