Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ruger American Ranch in 5.56 489.00USD in Canada

Guys, relax with the worrying about Canada Post. There's still a pandemic happening, and they're slowing down shipping on purpose. Canada post estimates are usually spot on for me, but I have a PO box and I don't get stuff delivered to my home. My rifle was supposed to get here monday by those estimates, but it didn't get here until friday. They even have a warning plastered all over their site saying things will be delayed.

What scope would work in the $200-$300 price range on this rifle? I found this ... Bushnell AR Optics 2-7x 36mm Side Focus Drop Zone-22 BDC Reticle https://www.gotenda.com/product/bush...2-bdc-reticle/ ). Scope designed for AR platform, but since this rifle is 5.56Nato and 16" barrel I'm thinking it might be a good fit. It's also $100 off regular price. Opinions please.
    Old Age and Treachery Will Always Overcome Youth and Skill !

Reads new post, clicks thinking yes, 5.56 again, looks at stock....none....looks again, not even on list this time....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertebrae View Post
    Guys, relax with the worrying about Canada Post. There's still a pandemic happening, and they're slowing down shipping on purpose. Canada post estimates are usually spot on for me, but I have a PO box and I don't get stuff delivered to my home. My rifle was supposed to get here monday by those estimates, but it didn't get here until friday. They even have a warning plastered all over their site saying things will be delayed.
    I don’t think anyone is worrying. I’m just surprised at how pathetic Canada Post has become. Canada Post can plaster warnings about COVID delays but they can’t tweak their delivery estimates? One person here had his package travel at a rate of one km per day, because COVID? Amazon, fed ex, etc. have all been operating under this so-called “still happening pandemic”, and yet they seem to be able to hit their delivery marks within a day or two tops; if they can do it during a pandemic, why can’t CP?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brutforc View Post
    What scope would work in the $200-$300 price range on this rifle? I found this ... Bushnell AR Optics 2-7x 36mm Side Focus Drop Zone-22 BDC Reticle https://www.gotenda.com/product/bush...2-bdc-reticle/ ). Scope designed for AR platform, but since this rifle is 5.56Nato and 16" barrel I'm thinking it might be a good fit. It's also $100 off regular price. Opinions please.
    BDC is for 22LR for this scope. Probably go after a real 223/556 scope. Bushnell should have plenty of 223/556 scopes.

Quote Originally Posted by alafly View Post
    Same here... no tracking updates since Jun 10 leaving Edmonton by CanadaPost, expected delivery as Date pending since then...
    I called CP today because my package has no updates for 10 days.

CP used to open the investigation ticket if no updates for 10 days. As I was told, now they changed from 10 days to 21 biz days. So it's generally 1 month.

So unless your ranch package has no tracking updated for 1 month, CP CSR can NOT help you anything...

So sad because nobody can control them... they could just use this excuse to do anything...
    Last edited by alafly; 06-22-2020 at 05:55 PM.

You're not alone at least. Same situation here.

They're playing this covid situation to their benefit. They aren't adjusting ETAs at all and when they blow past them, who will hold them responsible? All 5 of my packages from CP have been late over the last three months. Both of the ones I've received from UPS have been either early or on time.

GunNutz
    Same here too, no tracking updates since Jun 10, delivery date pending. 13 days for 3400 km, delivery speed like 33 km/h = 56$ for CP “service “....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    With the CP insurance that IRG makes us pay for (which pays IRG, not us, if CP loses the parcel) we end up paying top dollar for bottom-of-the-barrel service. IRG I don’t blame you for Canada Post’s shenanigans but perhaps you should consider shipping via a different company for the next little while.

My parcel surfaced in Stoney Creek this afternoon instead of the expected Mississauga sorting centre. I suspect others who ordered from IRG in southern Ontario should also be shortly notified.
    Self Defense is a HUMAN right!

Proud member of CSSA
    Proud member of CCFR
    Proud member of NRA