Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Collection of Information

But this is intriguing. What if I say I don't have a driver's licence?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    SAIL used to do it all the time, they actually scanned your PAL and DR
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

I am looking to buy something on gunpost and similarly first experience with someone asking I sign a bill of sale. Pal info and address given due to shipping a NR across province but I'm weary of using my signature versus a cursive print so my actual one can't get copied.

That is a good one, was he going to mail you his receipt book?

CGN Regular
    They only need a court order if the retailer refuses to surrender the information. If the new guy is behind the counter and someone asks to see the records? If an Rcmp walks into Canadian tire and asks the kid behind the gun counter to see the records. I very much doubt they will tell them to go get a court order.

There was a wave of fraudulent charges a year or two ago. Hundreds of thousands worth of product across different vendors, almost all optics. Some vendors adopted a policy of having a valid ID being provided along with PAL to mitigate that. I can understand it a bit, but in the same regard too, giving out more information than what's needed is a big turn off. Not to mention too the way that information is handled and stored. Some apps for restaraunts like Pizza Nova for example, don't encrypt your data and it's all stored in a plain text file somewhere on a server. I highly doubt there is any form of proper data handling, i'd be willing to bet there is probably a pretty big stack of jpegs floating around an inbox or garbage bin, just ripe for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    That is a good one, was he going to mail you his receipt book?
    Said he was emailing it and expecting me to sign and send back. Never heard anything like that before outside of a lawyers paperwork
    Last edited by DoubleTapDiabetus; 07-01-2021 at 02:38 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post
    There is nothing illegal about it, Since your PAL doesn't show your address, a driver license is their way of verifying the address you gave is the same as the PAL holder, most shops just use the credit card billing address
    As a retailer there is nothing requiring me to know a buyers address. If they have a valid PAL we are good to go to sell to them. And no records are kept in a book. This is currently not required.

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTapDiabetus View Post
    Said he was emailing it and expecting me to sign and send back. Never heard anything like that before outside of a lawyers paperwork
    I saw those ads and had a little laugh to myself. What is he gonna do if you don’t send it back? If you do decide to, make sure you send it back via the most expensive shipping company (on his dime) if not I have a feeling it may have gotten lost in the mail! I would honestly just pass because people like that I wouldn’t want to deal with. What’s the reason for a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by retiredsaf View Post
    Sounds like a business practice similar to Bass-Pro and Cabela's. Dvr lic to confirm address assigned to the PAL. If you do not want them to have the info don't buy from them.
    Never had this happen at ether of them …
    “Progressivism is the basterd child of Marxism”
    #FLUSHTHETURD
    #BANBILLBLAIR
    REGISTERED FIREARMS BELONG TO THE GOVERNMENT.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast