Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Collection of Information

Quote Originally Posted by 8 ball View Post
    As a retailer there is nothing requiring me to know a buyers address. If they have a valid PAL we are good to go to sell to them. And no records are kept in a book. This is currently not required.
    If the “gov” wanted an address on it, they would have it on it….
    “Progressivism is the basterd child of Marxism”
    #FLUSHTHETURD
    #BANBILLBLAIR
    REGISTERED FIREARMS BELONG TO THE GOVERNMENT.

I don’t even tolerate that sort of thing here. As a community, we should be actively working with one another to keep as much information away from the government as possible. Buuuut, too many boomers really do just love to beak off about DO NOT COMPLY in between bouts of sucking the government boot.

Quote Originally Posted by L86 All Terrain View Post
    Did you buy in Quebec, i just seen OP’s text about language barrier. I am pretty sure that after Cons ditched the LG registry, Quebec decided to keep their own version of it. Maybe that has changed by now, but perhaps if you bought in Quebec you are now in their provincial registry?
    I know my local gunshop keeps a logbook of every gun sold to who, I've been told it's required by the province and the SQ ( the provincial police) comes once in a while to check it (From what I have understood, but I could be wrong about the police part, but the logbook is real AF) .

But Quebec got their own registry now.. the SIAF (Belle province moi le sac), so I haven't bought non-restricted in Quebec since, only restricted for which my informations were written into the logbook.
    '' Si tu veux vivre, risque ta vie (...) L'homme y'a pas le choix bcp, ou ben donc il décide d'être un homme ou ben donc il décide de se conformer. '' - Michel Chartrand.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer struff55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duncansuds View Post
    I’ve ran into this a few times. Walked away from a sale once due to the collection of information. I will likely only be buying used guns now..... I will never again submit information past a call to the CFO for verification.
    X2 by law you are only required to show your Pal as long as your face matches the one on the card and it is valid that is where it stops

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    I don’t even tolerate that sort of thing here. As a community, we should be actively working with one another to keep as much information away from the government as possible. Buuuut, too many boomers really do just love to beak off about DO NOT COMPLY in between bouts of sucking the government boot.
    +100
    Last edited by TSquared519; 07-05-2021 at 08:47 PM.

No check of drivers license at one of the major gun stores in Calgary. I have made two purchases at the store in the last couple months, all that is required is a show of your PAL, no other exchange of information.
    One of these purchases was also paid for with cash. I purchased a restricted firearm at this same store two years ago, on the day before my PAL was set to expire, no problems at all.

I recently came across of this video, not sure if its allowed to publish it here but here it goes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i5q2RFb3HY

Here is my problem with this practice - most gun retailers do not do it - that is, for most gun retailers that I have been to in person, only showing them the PAL is needed. They may record the PAL information in their system, but they don't make a copy of it, and certainly they don't ask for my driver's licnce.

One retailer in the Toronto area has this practice of photocopying the PAL and driver's licence - that retailer I refuse to give them my business, which is my choice, just like it is theirs to have that practice.

Now, if one orders online, the retailer obviously will have your address and credit card number on file, and the billing address entered needs to match what it says on the credit card in order for the transaction to go through.

In person, however, I fail to understand why have this practice. If there is an issue of identity theft etc., you would think the bulk of the firearms vendor would adopt the same policy. But the vast majority of them don't.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 53Izzy744's Avatar
    What about asking for you to email a copy of your photo id along with the credit card info? Had that today, wondering if that is normal or is it a scam from some outside source? Said every online order was subject to it.
    Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios

I think its actually illegal to collect and store information for non-restricted sales..

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...38/page-1.html

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast