Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PMC 5.56 55gr and 62gr X-TAC

Missed it

62gr is gone, 42 boxes of 55gr is left.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    62gr is gone, 42 boxes of 55gr is left.

Ryan
    FYI folks the 55gr xp193 is actually butter at penetrating than the green tip anyway, and cheaper!
    Verba volant, scripta manent!
    “When injustice becomes law, an armed rebellion becomes duty” ~ The Internet

From what i understand xm 855 is better at penetration esp with its steel core for penetration of things like helmets. Xm 193 is better at tumbling or yawing upon impact causing larger wound channels.
    Last edited by auracle; 03-28-2020 at 05:04 PM.
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    FYI folks the 55gr xp193 is actually butter at penetrating than the green tip anyway, and cheaper!
    Please stop regurgitating info you only half understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    Please stop regurgitating info you only half understand.
    There is plenty of data and real life tests which support the increased speed of 55gr XM193 is actually more capable of defeating LIII than 855 62gr... please educate yourself before making such foolish comments.

EDIT: As this is a dealer thread I will not participate in some childish argument disputing well known facts, my apologies to the dealer for derailing your ad.
    Last edited by LeadMonkey; 03-28-2020 at 06:16 PM.
    Verba volant, scripta manent!
    “When injustice becomes law, an armed rebellion becomes duty” ~ The Internet

I grabbed a few boxes of Hornady Black 5.56 55gr last week at a good price from SFRC. Seems to be great out of my 10.5 inch. Just my opinion but green tip is total junk at any distance for accuracy. Maybe gets better in a longer barrel?
    Just wanted to say thanks. This order showed up at my door the next day. As always great service!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kriko View Post
    I grabbed a few boxes of Hornady Black 5.56 55gr last week at a good price from SFRC. Seems to be great out of my 10.5 inch. Just my opinion but green tip is total junk at any distance for accuracy. Maybe gets better in a longer barrel?
    Just wanted to say thanks. This order showed up at my door the next day. As always great service!
    My steacy profiled 19’’ IBI barrel says otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by kriko View Post
    I'm getting 1.5/2moa out to 300m with my 10.5 when I scope it with XTAC GT 62gr. With Irons or EO Tech its constantly under 6" @ 100m. 1:7 twist chambered in 223wylde

M193 generally displays better penetration performance on intermediate barriers and light armour than M855 at close range. At intermediate and long range (approx 100m and further), M855 generally performs better at penetrating since the advantages of the steel core overtake the advantages of the M193’s higher muzzle velocity.

Neither of these rounds are likely to defeat modern hard body armour (III, III+, IV) unless you’re talking about a 20” barrel inside 50m or some scenario like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast