Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: M+M M10x-DMR Short Handguard Black 7.62x39 18.6in Non-Restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    I'm happy to hear you can still find competitive offers. This situation is fairly new so market might take some time to adjust.
    Some retailers might get hit harder than others. Who knows. All i'm saying is with so many guns banned and inventory locked in, its not difficult to imagine a market that has higher pricetags or less retailers or both.
    Just cuz stuff gets banned doesnt instantly mean others are worth hundreds or even thousands in some cases more. If people want to pay that well (lol good on them) but considering I CAN buy the same rifle from a similar store within 15 min driving distance of me doesnt not make sense to spend an extra 300 + $ for what!?!?!?!? To keep a store in business that really does!? Or Doesnt!?!?!, have the firearms community best interest at heart!?!?!?
    Want to help out the community, sell the #### at a reduced price so the end purchaser WHO IS the one keeping you business a float HAPPY by buying stuff instead of going else where for the same thing but cheaper while getting MORE people involved in the sport and having more #'s to fight for
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

In the end US pricing plus exchange and import governs Canadian sell price. Retailers gouging for short-term gain Will have to adjust down to reality or not sell guns. if I'm not mistaken IRG sells these too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Been just sitting back watching prices go up one, two and even three times on the same model of gun at the same retailer. Price gouging.
    1944 - 18 year old men stormed the beaches of Normandy into almost certain death.
    2021 - 18 year old boys need a safe space because words hurt their feelings.
    2022 - 18 year old boys aren't sure what bathroom to use.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpee View Post
    In the end US pricing plus exchange and import governs Canadian sell price. Retailers gouging for short-term gain Will have to adjust down to reality or not sell guns. if I'm not mistaken IRG sells these too.
    Quote Originally Posted by saskcop View Post
    Been just sitting back watching prices go up one, two and even three times on the same model of gun at the same retailer. Price gouging.
    Literally THIS ^^^^^ exactly
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Mags for this are a pain to find. I looked everywhere and only found one place so I ordered two. They were the metal ones. I heard the pmags are better. If anyone has any knowledge please spread the news! I checked irg as mentioned but nada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkestjedi View Post
    How are these for left handed shooters? Face full-o-brass?
    Simple. Do what the Russians did... become right handed.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchCDN View Post
    A question re these rifles for anyone that has handled and or fired one.

The reviews online seem to be overwhelmingly positive. One Canadian review publication mentioned not holding zero due to The steel/aluminum upper (?) construction. Can anyone comment on this and also how does it feel in the hands. Is it front heavy or decently balanced etc.

I am just looking for some insight and appreciate the help, I think these look awesome!
    I have had one for over a year with about 1500-2000rds down the pipe.

Short answer: I've never encountered a gun with a more stark contrast between build quality and performance. It's a $2k gun that performs like a below-average SKS.

The build quality of this gun is incredible. The two-stage trigger is fantastic, the fit and finish is flawless, the gun has no wobble or give anywhere, the takedown and disassembly is a breeze, and the three-position gas system adjusts very easily. The top rail is nice and low to bore and is long enough that you can meaningfully use iron sights.

Unfortunately, that's where the praise ends. Before you read what I have to say and come back and say I'm a carpenter blaming his tools, I take extremely good care of my guns and properly clean and lubricate them. I also tested the ammo in a benchrest so we can't blame my ####ty marksmanship (which it's not).

The gun is brutally inaccurate and very picky on ammo. I dipped into my hidden stash of Czech 7.62x39 and it provided the best accuracy and performance - 3MOA and reliable cycling.

Of ammo that is actually obtainable nowadays, Chinese corrosive is next best. 3-4MOA and cycles fairly reliably. Barnaul (being hotter than Hell) cycles all the time but prints 4-5MOA.

That assumes, of course that the gun doesn't slamfire, which it does more than any other gun I've owned or used. It'll happen rarely with surplus/steel case. However, brass case with soft primers is unsafe to use because it slamfires so often. PMC stuff frequently doubles. Gecko has 2-3rd bursts. Of course, it cycles none of these reliably. You never know if you'll have a day of flawless performance or a day of scaring the #### out of the ROs when you're firing your full-auto-by-accident M10X. I am not the only owner with this problem.

Next is the mag pickiness. I have 10 AK mags for this gun (1 Romanian steel mag and 9 Magpul mags of various gens). Some rock into place no problem. Others will only lock if you hold the bolt open, which you have to do manually since it's like an AK. Some of them will feed fine. Some of them won't feed the next round. It's always a surprise.

And last, but not least, is my favourite feature: the disappearing bolt handle. The bolt handle connects the bolt carrier with the gas system so it's kind of hard to shoot without it. In another example of thoughtful design but poor execution, the bolt handle is removable and can be flipped from one side to the other with just a push and a 90 degree turn of a knob on the handle. Something that's so easy to do intentionally becomes just as easy to do unintentionally and the gun self-disassembles. The dreaded "chunk" of the bolt hitting the rear of the receiver and staying there lets me know that bolt handle has worked its way out of place and been launched somewhere within a 30ft, 360 degree ring. There is no predictability on where it will go. I've found it 30ft behind me at 4'o'clock and 5ft from me at 11. This has happened when it was -20C and +30C - temperature has no bearing on it.

TL;DR - if you want to blast ammo and use AK mags, this gun is great. Otherwise, don't buy it.
    Last edited by neoconfection; 05-11-2020 at 12:43 AM. Reason: typo

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    I have had one for over a year with about 1500-2000rds down the pipe.

Short answer: I've never encountered a gun with a more stark contrast between build quality and performance. It's a $2k gun that performs like a below-average SKS.

The build quality of this gun is incredible. The two-stage trigger is fantastic, the fit and finish is flawless, the gun has no wobble or give anywhere, the takedown and disassembly is a breeze, and the three-position gas system adjusts very easily. The top rail is nice and low to bore and is long enough that you can meaningfully use iron sights.

Unfortunately, that's where the praise ends. Before you read what I have to say and come back and say I'm a carpenter blaming his tools, I take extremely good care of my guns and properly clean and lubricate them. I also tested the ammo in a benchrest so we can't blame my ####ty marksmanship (which it's not).

The gun is brutally inaccurate and very picky on ammo. I dipped into my hidden stash of Czech 7.62x39 and it provided the best accuracy and performance - 3MOA and reliable cycling.

Of ammo that is actually obtainable nowadays, Chinese corrosive is next best. 3-4MOA and cycles fairly reliably. Barnaul (being hotter than Hell) cycles all the time but prints 4-5MOA.

That assumes, of course that the gun doesn't slamfire, which it does more than any other gun I've owned or used. It'll happen rarely with surplus/steel case. However, brass case with soft primers is unsafe to use because it slamfires so often. PMC stuff frequently doubles. Gecko has 2-3rd bursts. Of course, it cycles none of these reliably. You never know if you'll have a day of flawless performance or a day of scaring the #### out of the ROs when you're firing your full-auto-by-accident M10X. I am not the only owner with this problem.

Next is the mag pickiness. I have 10 AK mags for this gun (1 Romanian steel mag and 9 Magpul mags of various gens). Some rock into place no problem. Others will only lock if you hold the bolt open, which you have to do manually since it's like an AK. Some of them will feed fine. Some of them won't feed the next round. It's always a surprise.

And last, but not least, is my favourite feature: the disappearing bolt handle. The bolt handle connects the bolt carrier with the gas system so it's kind of hard to shoot without it. In another example of thoughtful design but poor execution, the bolt handle is removable and can be flipped from one side to the other with just a push and a 90 degree turn of a knob on the handle. Something that's so easy to do intentionally becomes just as easy to do unintentionally and the gun self-disassembles. The dreaded "chunk" of the bolt hitting the rear of the receiver and staying there lets me know that bolt handle has worked its way out of place and been launched somewhere within a 30ft, 360 degree ring. There is no predictability on where it will go. I've found it 30ft behind me at 4'o'clock and 5ft from me at 11. This has happened when it was -20C and +30C - temperature has no bearing on it.

TL;DR - if you want to blast ammo and use AK mags, this gun is great. Otherwise, don't buy it.
    Wow thank you so much for the honest and comprehensive review! 3-5 moa is absolutely fine for me, It’s the other stuff that is concerning to me and you have brought up some points I have seen elsewhere which seem to be not an isolated occurrence. Well time to think about this one and thanks again!

Looks like even holding this rifle gives you duck lips.

I just bought this last week brand new opened it up and the spring flew right off the piston rod. I managed to find the retainer on the floor and tried to put the spring on but it no longer holds. Anyone have a quick fix?

Thanks,
    Ben

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast