CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 521

Thread: Dominion Powders Now Available

  1. #101
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    AB
    Posts
    1,746
    ordered 10 lbs of D4350. Hope it stacks up! Any sense on temp stability?

  2. #102
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Buckmastr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,127
    Quote Originally Posted by b_w. View Post
    ordered 10 lbs of D4350. Hope it stacks up! Any sense on temp stability?
    Ordered as well. Will review. Thanks Canada Ammo!
    .

  3. #103
    CGN frequent flyer Ruger007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Way West
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckmastr View Post
    I have been comparing the D4895 to Varget in several 308 Winchesters. Identical charge weights of either powder yield nearly identical velocity and in most cases similar accuracy. The D4895 is a longer stick but is every bit as good, if not better in most of my loads.
    I am finding that the D4895 is preforming better than Varget or 4064 so far in my rifle.
    In god we Trust, All others pay cash

  4. #104
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger007 View Post
    I am finding that the D4895 is preforming better than Varget or 4064 so far in my rifle.
    This stuff is impressive. My first test loads in 223 with 77 grain SMK's were a literal bullseye.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

  5. #105
    GunNutz
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    4,079
    Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    This stuff is impressive. My first test loads in 223 with 77 grain SMK's were a literal bullseye.
    Dam, I only bought 20 lbs.

  6. #106
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,698
    Quote Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
    Dam, I only bought 20 lbs.
    Wish i bought more, i just ordered 8208 to try as well!
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

  7. #107
    CGN frequent flyer Ruger007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Way West
    Posts
    1,750
    Is the 4895 all the same lot?
    In god we Trust, All others pay cash

  8. #108
    CGN frequent flyer Ruger007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Way West
    Posts
    1,750
    I phoned. It is all the same batch. 10lbs coming again!

    Thanks
    In god we Trust, All others pay cash

  9. #109
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Buckmastr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,127
    D4350SSC arrived and I shot it in a 6mmRem, 284 Win, 270 WSM and 30/06.
    It metered nice but the burn rate was slower than IMR 4350 for me based on QL. Velocities were lacking but the accuracy was good. Will run up the charges and see.
    Thanks again Canada Ammo.
    .

  10. #110
    Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    19,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckmastr View Post
    D4350SSC arrived and I shot it in a 6mmRem, 284 Win, 270 WSM and 30/06.
    It metered nice but the burn rate was slower than IMR 4350 for me based on QL. Velocities were lacking but the accuracy was good. Will run up the charges and see.
    Thanks again Canada Ammo.
    Thanks for the info
    I am not currently accepting PM's. Please use email or SKYPE at left.
    CanadaAmmo.com - Sign up for our email newsletter.
    Try our new site: CanadaShoots.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •