Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3040424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Powders Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmastr View Post
    Lots 17 and 18 of D4064 measured 40 thou thick and 70-80 thou long, with quite a few shorter ones
    D4895 was 40 thou thick and 90-95 thou long.
    4064 lot #18, 10 samples .044-.046 thick .092-.095
    BE CAREFUL what you say about a mans wife and kids, but be damned careful what you say about his bird dog!

Quote Originally Posted by salarguy View Post
    Here they are IMR on the left Dominion on the rightAttachment 497143 My hot triple deuce load overfills the case!
    Which one would you say meters best?
    BE CAREFUL what you say about a mans wife and kids, but be damned careful what you say about his bird dog!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Here they are IMR on the left Dominion on the rightAttachment 497143 My hot triple deuce load overfills the case!
    Did my first load development yesterday with D4350ssc.

First think I noticed was that the dominion power appears to be more consistent, but not shorter.

I was working up a load for a 95 gr Hornady V-Max in 6.5 x 55 SE. Started with test loads of 46 grs and worked up in 1 gr incriments. Best accuracy so far was 48 gr. with seating depath of 2.865" (bullet needs to be deeper yet), no signs of pressure at all, and at 49 gr. the load was slightly compressed.

It is slightly bulkier than H4350, but shoots nice so far. I will be doing further development between 48 and 49 gr.

Note, The rifle is a new Zastava M70 in 6.5 x 55 SE, and since Ground Hog season is peaking, I have not yet had time to properly bed the action.

First time using Dominion Powder, won't be my last!!
    Omne ferrum ignitum malleo!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Which one would you say meters best?
    No difference in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    No difference in my experience.
    Every picture tells a story. You're sure not using an RCBS 505 or a Lyman 55.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    D2495 now in stock

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ruger007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdiddlez View Post
    .....you literally stole one of those right out of my cart...i hate you :P

looks like I just get 2lbs :'(

Any idea when more 5lbs will be in stock? CanAm?
    Looks like there is a few in stock now.
    You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Every picture tells a story. You're sure not using an RCBS 505 or a Lyman 55.
    It looks to be a Lyman 55. Bought it used about 45 years ago. Still going strong. Still shearing and crunching of granuals with both powders. Consistently throwing +/- 0.2 gr with both these powders. (I kknow it's not match grade accuracy, but it is varmint grade accurate enough).

Looks exactly like this one:

I have thought about upgrading my power measure to something with more capacity, but don't know what to buy. Suggestions would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    It looks to be a Lyman 55. Bought it used about 45 years ago. Still going strong. Still shearing and crunching of granuals with both powders. Consistently throwing +/- 0.2 gr with both these powders. (I kknow it's not match grade accuracy, but it is varmint grade accurate enough).

Looks exactly like this one:

I have thought about upgrading my power measure to something with more capacity, but don't know what to buy. Suggestions would be welcome.
    Mine is older than dirt as well. Not so with the 505. This my first episode with Dominion powder. My 55 cuts !MR, Hodgdon and Accurate quite well, but not great, but ball and flake perfect. It has actually stalled on Dominion 4064, which makes me believe I have received non-SSC 4064. Thank god for my two Lee Auto Drum measures. However I refuse to wear them out on this stuff. Just take a real close look at the picture. It's not photoshopped btw.

Did you actually use 4064, or just 4350?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Mine is older than dirt as well. Not so with the 505. This my first episode with Dominion powder. My 55 cuts !MR, Hodgdon and Accurate quite well, but not great, but ball and flake perfect. It has actually stalled on Dominion 4064, which makes me believe I have received non-SSC 4064. Thank god for my two Lee Auto Drum measures. However I refuse to wear them out on this stuff. Just take a real close look at the picture. It's not photoshopped btw.

Did you actually use 4064, or just 4350?
    4350 in 6.5 x 55 and 7 x 57 for years. I got away from rifle shooting for a while, but got the itch again. As I mentioned, the D4350 granules seemed to be more consistently sized than the H4350 I had; looking at your photo, it looks like it may have a bigger void in the centre, which might explain it's bulkyness. I can live with bulky; I generally found that most rifles like to run accurate with a moderately fast powder with slightly compressed loads. I would have to look and see what powder I used to use in .223, but the most accurate load was an almost full case, heavily compressed.