Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Private purchase question

Sorry for another question. I noticed on the application for ATT it asks about time that you’ll be using the ATT. So you have to be specific about times? I can’t just decide to go to the range at any point other than the options I put on there? Can you just put that you might go any day of the week between certain hours?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dirtybarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huntinguy View Post
    So once the transfer notice is complete doEs the buyer call for a authorization to go pick it up and transport to home?
    Nope, don't need anything else. The transfer itself authorizes the conveyance of the restricted firearm from the place of purchase to the new registered address. No different than if it was bought from a commercial seller.

Sorry for another question. I noticed on the application for ATT it asks about time that you’ll be using the ATT. So you have to be specific about times? I can’t just decide to go to the range at any point other than the options I put on there? Can you just put that you might go any day of the week between certain hours?
    Your RPAL should already have an ATT attached but if for whatever reason it doesn't, then yes, put down 24/7/365 since there are ranges that are open those hours.
    The downside of learning stuff is that it makes me realize how much I don't know.

Ohh right. The att is attached to the license now. This is my first restricted. I never really paid attention to this type of stuff until now. So I’ll just have to let the CFO know where my range membership is with I presume? That happens after my transfer is completed ?

Ohh right. The att is attached to the license now. This is my first restricted. I never really paid attention to this type of stuff until now. So I’ll just have to let the CFO know where my range membership is with I presume? That happens after my transfer is completed ?
    Nope again, if you already have an RPAL and the transfer has been approved then you need nothing else. The range membership issue seems to only comes up at renewal time.
    The downside of learning stuff is that it makes me realize how much I don't know.

Once the seller provides you with a reference number, you call the CFP (they have an 800 number) and verify all of your information, including the name of range you belong to. This is forwarded to the CFO for rubber-stamping. Here in Alberta that's it for the most part. The CFO may (and has for me in the past) also ask for a fax/e-mail copy of your range membership. I hear in Ontario they verify directly with the range, but no personal experience there.

Here's hoping it goes fast for you! I just bought a restricted from a seller in Ontario, and the entire process was done in less than a week: Seller initiated transfer on a Tuesday, approved and shipped Friday the same week.
    If guns cause crime, mine must be defective.

Fantastic. Thanks for clarifying. Makes much more sense now. My criminal check took a bit less than anticipated, I submitted t just as this all started. Hope the transfer goes as smoothly. Not that any range is open yet mind you

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvaider123 View Post
    So i purchase a used gun from CGN EE. Now am i suppose to wait for the certificate to mail in or give them a call about it?
    First, the transfer needs to be approved. Both the seller and the buyer will receive Transfer Notice when that happens. Certificate should come by regular mail within 14 days or so. Dont need to call anyone unless it gets lost in mail.

Quote Originally Posted by franktank View Post
    Get the certificate via email, it's wayyyyy faster.
    No! Certificates never come by email. Other members have tried and failed. It will only come by regular mail.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybarry View Post
    Nope again, if you already have an RPAL and the transfer has been approved then you need nothing else. The range membership issue seems to only comes up at renewal time.
    In case of a first restricted purchase, this post is not entirely correct. The first time buyer needs to call CFO and have an ATT issued with Special Conditions attached.
    Il messanger non è importante

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    First, the transfer needs to be approved. Both the seller and the buyer will receive Transfer Notice when that happens. Certificate should come by regular mail within 14 days or so. Dont need to call anyone unless it gets lost in mail.

No! Certificates never come by email. Other members have tried and failed. It will only come by regular mail.

In case of a first restricted purchase, this post is not entirely correct. The first time buyer needs to call CFO and have an ATT issued with Special Conditions attached.

post #12

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybarry View Post
    post #12
    My reply is not the same as yours. Noone does paper applications any more when applying for licence-attached ATT conditions simply because there are 6 different scenarios.
    Il messanger non è importante

So I purchased a non-restricted and I asked the seller. He said there isn’t a transfer because it non restricted? So do I just wait for my certificate for my firearm from my CFO?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast