Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Private purchase question

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dirtybarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvaider123 View Post
    So I purchased a non-restricted and I asked the seller. He said there isn’t a transfer because it non restricted? So do I just wait for my certificate for my firearm from my CFO?
    You'll be waiting a very long time since there are no registration certificates for non-restricted firearms. Bill C71 has provisions for transfers but they have not come into force yet.
    The downside of learning stuff is that it makes me realize how much I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybarry View Post
    You'll be waiting a very long time since there are no registration certificates for non-restricted firearms. Bill C71 has provisions for transfers but they have not come into force yet.
    So your telling me is that I can go to a range with my nonrestricted gun that is not registered to me? Kind of confused here

So your telling me is that I can go to a range with my nonrestricted gun that is not registered to me? Kind of confused here
    Non-restricted firearms are not registered.
    Travel with it as you see fit.

No, I said there are no registration certificates for non-restricted firearms. What you do with that or the firearm is between you and the regulations.
    The downside of learning stuff is that it makes me realize how much I don't know.

Ok thanks for clearing things up for me. I always owned restricted and it’s my first time actually owning a non restricted.

Ok thanks for clearing things up for me. I always owned restricted and it’s my first time actually owning a non restricted.
    You're welcome and aren't Canadian firearms laws just the greatest? So clear, so concise and well defined...

So what happen when you have a non registered gun and a cop pulls you over, lol

That’s a trick question, unless you mean non-restricted. Non registered implies a gun that should be registered, which I believe is a crime in itself.
    Depends on why you got pulled over.
    For speeding, you’ll probably get a ticket.
    For using the gun in a crime, well that will escalate beyond a ticket.
    If your non-restricted, legally owned firearm, is on the dash board, he’s gunna have some q’s and it’ll likely be an uncomfortable situation. If it’s in a gun bag, sitting in the trunk, he’ll never know it’s there.
    There’s too many scenarios to answer, but if your not breaking a law, you’re not breaking a law.

CGN frequent flyer
    So I purchased a non-restricted and I asked the seller. He said there isn’t a transfer because it non restricted? So do I just wait for my certificate for my firearm from my CFO?
    How is it that you dont know about this? You had no idea Long Gun Registry was abolished (not destroyed)?
    Il messanger non è importante

If you are not wearing a ski mask and just robbed a bank.

Nothing, you get your ticket and come home

Shawn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast