Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: M203 Grenade Launcher Import

S&J makes reloadable 40mm cases and I've seen a site vendor here with 40mm non-lethal rubber pucks lol

I am glad you asked.... I will take a moment and explain this in great detail because it is a serious problem and effects everyone..

The US State Dept. regulates the export of defense products to 197 countries and territories around the world under the umbrella of the DDTC "Directorate of Defense Trade Controls". All polices and procedures are enforced under the ITAR "International Traffic Arms Regulations" The USML, United States Munition List" which can be found on the internet is the "wholly grail" and outlines everything from a 22LR to chemical weapons, tanks, missiles, and Nuclear Armament.

Thermal, night vision, laser guidance equipment, anything you can imagine or have played on a video game is regulated.

In the U.S. ALL 40MM launchers rifled or not are considered Destructive Devices. U.S Civilians CAN NOT legally possess these items. Even the rounds are regulated, registered and require special licensing, U.S. civilians CAN NOT legally own those either. It is easier for a civilian in the U.S. to own a machine gun or suppressor then it is to even file the paperwork to apply to own one of those only to find out it will not happen. If a U.S. citizen can't own one I can guarantee no one outside the U.S can legally have one.

They are LE and Military only, and to export those legally to those agencies is amazingly complex.

One of the biggest reasons for Export Reform and stopping foreign end users from purchasing directly out of the U.S. was the illegal export of these launchers and thermal imaging equipment.

The investigations are still on going and unfortunately there will be a lot of companies and individuals sanctioned under the ITAR, and that's not a place you want to go.

They are also regulated in Canada and you require a license from Canadian Foreign Affairs/Controlled Goods to own one.

So to answer your question NO we will not export any launchers outside the U.S.

The US IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    Hello, I am very interested in purchasing an M203 40mm Launcher. AFAIK, people do own them in Canada & they are branded as non-restricted firearms. The only problem is that LMT is solely focusing on LEM/Mil contracts only (I confirmed this by asking the old Canadian supplier), and as a result, they will not ship any more to Canada.

However, there's many used ones up for sale on GunAuctions, and according to your website, you can import items from GunAuctions into Canada.

So my question is, can I buy one from GunAuctions and get y'all to import it for me?
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 04-05-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

*hammer drop*

OP your best bet is to find one when it pops up on the ee. For whatever reason controlled goods seems to turn a blind eye to the ones currently circulating between collectors. Anything new needs to be registered with controlled goods, which is..a process.
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

Controlled Goods will not authorize a license for you to have one unless you have a valid reason. Personally, I can't think of a reason you could possibly give them where they would approve your application.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm&Gun View Post
    *hammer drop*

OP your best bet is to find one when it pops up on the ee. For whatever reason controlled goods seems to turn a blind eye to the ones currently circulating between collectors. Anything new needs to be registered with controlled goods, which is..a process.
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 04-04-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    I am glad you asked.... I will take a moment and explain this in great detail because it is a serious problem and effects everyone..

The US State Dept. regulates the export of defense products to 197 countries and territories around the world under the umbrella of the DDTC "Directorate of Defense Trade Controls". All polices and procedures are enforced under the ITAR "International Traffic Arms Regulations" The USML, United States Munition List" which can be found on the internet is the "wholly grail" and outlines everything from a 22LR to chemical weapons, tanks, missiles, and Nuclear Armament.

Thermal, night vision, laser guidance equipment, anything you can imagine or have played on a video game is regulated.

In the U.S. ALL 40MM launchers rifled or not are considered a Destructive Devices. Civilians CAN NOT legally possess these items. Even the rounds are regulated, registered and require special licensing, civilians CANNOT legally own those either. It is easier for a civilian in the U.S. to own a machine gun or suppressor then it is to even file the paperwork to apply to own one of those only to find out it will not happen.

They are LE and Military only, and to export those legally to those agencies is amazingly complex.

One of the biggest reasons for Export Reform and stopping foreign end users from purchasing directly out of the U.S. was the illegal export of these launchers and thermal imaging equipment.

The investigations are still on going and unfortunately there will be a lot of companies and individuals sanctioned under the ITAR, and that's not a place you want to go.

They are also regulated in Canada and you require a license from Canadian Foreign Affairs/Controlled Goods to own one.

So to answer your question NO we will not export any launchers outside the U.S.

The US IRUNGUNS Team
    So I'm still a little "fuzzy" on your explanation? so are these transferable on a form 3 with a SOT, so a "dealer to dealer" sample? , they are for sale on GB?
    Similar to post 84 machine guns, they can only be transferred to a dealer?
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

NO...

You need to have Destructive Devices on your SOT/FFL and the only way you will get that is to have a letter or contracts with LE or Military agencies. Destructive Devices is on its own. Legally, it is easier to middleman the transaction with the manufacturer and end user then it is to have the licensing requirements to inventory and possess them.

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    So I'm still a little "fuzzy" on your explanation? so are these transferable on a form 3 with a SOT, so a "dealer to dealer" sample? , they are for sale on GB?
    Similar to post 84 machine guns, they can only be transferred to a dealer?

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    NO...

You need to have Destructive Devices on your SOT/FFL and the only way you will get that is to have a letter or contracts with LE or Military agencies. Destructive Devices is on its own. Legally, it is easier to middleman the transaction with the manufacturer and end user then it is to have the licensing requirements to inventory and possess them.
    OK, so what's with the ones for sale on GB? is that targeted to LE? and no civilian ownership?
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Regular
    Yeah I'm curious now, I know there are people in the US that have these on NFA stamps as civilians.

CGN Regular
    but their is a site sponsor with 3 different styles of them for sale

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    OK, so what's with the ones for sale on GB? is that targeted to LE? and no civilian ownership?
    Extremely difficult doesn't mean impossible.

There ARE a select few entities (S.O.T's) down there who do possess all the required liscences to own and use destructive devices.
    Last edited by Dietz; 04-04-2020 at 12:10 PM.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast