Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: M203 Grenade Launcher Import

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-37mm-launcher

You gonna pony up the cash or what?

edit
    Last edited by JaredP; 06-05-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    Why did you cut off that quote of the exemption . You literally left the trailing comma where it goes on to indicate that projectile launchers are NOT exempt, which is the entire reason we are having this conversation.
    You are missing what a projectile launcher is. A firearm is called a firearm in the act, a projectile launcher is specific type of firearm. A firearm does fire(launch?) projectiles but that’s is not referring to what you are getting at. It’s referring to GL’s. I don’t expect you to believe me, nobody usually does lol. Email controlled goods with your questions and they will explain how the law works. Ask them why you must register your 40mm M203 Grenade launcher but not your 12 gauge shotgun. I’m sure they will be happy to explain. If you own an m203 you should already have their contact info.
    Last edited by gutinater; 04-08-2020 at 01:33 AM.

BANNED
    Blue Lantern is not an agency. It is not made up of ATF, FBI, DOJ, DHS, PB&J, KY, or SCTV.

Blue Lantern is a type of check for foreign sales. It is performed by State Dept staff either before or after a sale to ensure that the buyers and end users are in conformance with the terms of the sale. That is all.

https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/ddtc_pu...a370131f9619b9

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Blue Lantern is not an agency. It is not made up of ATF, FBI, DOJ, DHS, PB&J, KY, or SCTV.

Blue Lantern is a type of check for foreign sales. It is performed by State Dept staff either before or after a sale to ensure that the buyers and end users are in conformance with the terms of the sale. That is all.

That’s a pretty gross simplification based on what I read here. Doesn’t say what agencies are in involved but read this it’s a lot more detailed

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/do...e-lantern/file

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    Where is "Projectile Launcher" defined in the act to mean "Grenade Launcher"?

I'll believe what the law says. If you can point me to the parts I need to read to connect the dots here I would appreciate it.
    Email them, Best to ask the source right? I don’t work there unfortunately .

I know these two things are true

FACT - Controlled goods regulates the sales of LMT 40mmM203 Grenade launchers, their registration etc.

FACT - Controlled goods does not give a #### about your 12 gauge

Ask them why that is and perhaps they will provide you with an email that you can post here that explains it...
    Last edited by gutinater; 04-08-2020 at 02:24 AM.

BANNED
    Then you clearly didn't read the slide deck: it literally says on slide 15 "conducted by foreign service officers, not a law-enforcement investigation."

It also says that much of the search is "open source" checking a whole host of available information, not just databases.
    Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    That’s a pretty gross simplification based on what I read here. Doesn’t say what agencies are in involved but read this it’s a lot more detailed

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/do...e-lantern/file

It is a division within the DDTC and everyone of those agencies is involved. What you are reading is the inception of the program back in 2016, remember things evolve and regulations change.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post

Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 04-08-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    These things don't look too complex to manufacture? Maybe a Canadian company should make a reasonable copy of them, and avoid all the border crossing unpleasantness?
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    These things don't look too complex to manufacture? Maybe a Canadian company should make a reasonable copy of them, and avoid all the border crossing unpleasantness?
    there is one, Colt Canada, and they are CGP required.

Boltgun
    1*

DISRUPTING OODA LOOPS FOR THE HECK OF IT