Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: M203 Grenade Launcher Import

edit
    Last edited by JaredP; 06-05-2020 at 03:56 PM.

CGN Regular
    20mm Lahati would fit the bill

edit
    Last edited by JaredP; 06-05-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBoyOhBoy View Post
    20mm Lahati would fit the bill
    Lahti is exempt from controlled goods due to being made before 1946.

The point everyone is missing is these were never lawfully exported from the U.S to be sold to civilians in the first place. The DDTC would never authorize an export to civilians in Canada. My god, the general U.S population can't even own the rounds let alone a 40MM launcher. Do you really think someone was sleeping when they rubber stamped that license application.

Theses are only approved for export to LE and Military contact, period.

These are regulated the same as howitzers and cannons, please note it says launchers... that means all launchers 37 and 40, rifled or not. If it's bigger than 12.7mm it is ITAR controlled.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  48.7 KB

The US IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    Regarding CGP:

Regarding section 2-2, "smooth bore" "projectile launchers" are regulated by CGP. I can't see any reason why this wouldn't include 37mm, especially now that they are considered a firearm, and have readily available non-signalling projectiles, even if they are marketed as "flare launchers".

Regarding 6(a), what is an example of a "firearm that has a calibre greater than 12.7 mm" that is not a "projectile launcher"? This section seemingly exempts nothing.
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 04-07-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

"Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    The point everyone is missing is these were never lawfully exported from the U.S to be sold to civilians in the first place. The DDTC would never authorize an export to civilians in Canada. My god, the general U.S population can't even own the rounds let alone a 40MM launcher. Do you really think someone was sleeping when they rubber stamped that license application.

Theses are only approved for export to LE and Military contact, period.

These are regulated the same as howitzers and cannons, please note it says launchers... that means all launchers 37 and 40, rifled or not. If it's bigger than 12.7mm it is ITAR controlled.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  48.7 KB

The US IRUNGUNS Team
    my question was unrelated to US legislation or the export in question so no idea why you quoted me.

37mm launcher are commonly available in Canada, >50 cal "projectile launchers" are all over too. Does CGP cover these?
    Last edited by JaredP; 04-07-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Regarding CGP:

Regarding section 2-2, "smooth bore" "projectile launchers" are regulated by CGP. I can't see any reason why this wouldn't include 37mm, especially now that they are considered a firearm, and have readily available non-signalling projectiles, even if they are marketed as "flare launchers".

Regarding 6(a), what is an example of a "firearm that has a calibre greater than 12.7 mm" that is not a "projectile launcher"? This section seemingly exempts nothing.
    You could be correct, I doubt controlled goods wants to get into the registration of 37mm smoothbore launchers. Those were designed as signalling devices (not projectile launchers) vs a grenade launcher was designed to launch a projectile, but I get what you are saying about being able to launch projectiles or sub cal rounds. I think 37mm smooth bores are exempt from controlled goods under this section (as long as they are still considered signalling devices not projectile launchers). There are such things as 37mm rifled barrel launchers and I heard from an owner (not directly from CGC as I don’t own one and didn’t inquire) that those are supposed to be registered too. So take that for what it’s worth but that would make sense..

6 The following goods are not controlled goods:

(b) a firearm that has a calibre greater than 12.7 mm and is not a restricted firearm, other than a howitzer, mortar, anti-tank weapon, projectile launcher, flame thrower, recoilless rifle and their components;
    Last edited by gutinater; 04-07-2020 at 08:31 PM.

edit
    Last edited by JaredP; 06-05-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Not to mention the nitro express rifles in 577, 600, etc and rifled slug guns in 28 gauge, 20, 16, 12, 10 and rifled bore guns. All of these are specifically exempt in the definition of a Destructive Device in the US, but apparently no such effort was put forward with our CGP...

Exemption
    a firearm that has a calibre greater than 12.7 mm (.50 cal) and is not a restricted firearm,

That should cover the hunting rifles/shotguns you mentioned as being exempt from controlled goods. The controlled goods act isn’t intended for the regulation of normal hunting or sporting arms. Other large bore AT rifles like the 14.5mm PTRS/PTRD, .55 Boys, 20mm Lahti, 20mm Solothurn are exempt from the act even though they are AT guns because they were made in 1945 or earlier. A tank or single shot artillery piece made in 1945 or before is exempt. I know collectors who are registered with controlled goods for post 1945 tracked armour. The guy also has a WW2 armoured car with a live 37mm single shot cannon ( real gun not GL launcher) . Controlled goods inspects the vehicle under their jurisdiction, the cannon that is live doesn’t matter to them due to date of manufacture and a non restricted status.

Here’s an explanation of exemptions

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/pmc-cg...tion6-eng.html
    Last edited by gutinater; 04-07-2020 at 10:33 PM.