Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charged flat rate AND canada post? First order with IRG is this normal?

CGN frequent flyer

Question Charged flat rate AND canada post? First order with IRG is this normal?

EDIT: Never mind, I was confused/mislead from some oddly placed notes on the website. Please ignore this thread.

Placed my first order with IRG on March 2nd (before everything went crazy...) from the .com site for one bolt carrier group. Item shown on their webpage, nothing indicated a special order of any sort.

My email order confirmation from March 2nd said:
    Item $133.41
    Shipping $25.00
    Tax $0
    Total $158.41
    Would all be USD.

I just got an email asking me to pay shipping and taxes. I thought odd, but maybe now there is GST to pay.
    Email says order status is "Awaiting export, please pay shipping and taxes"

I click the link and it takes me to the .ca site.
    Shows GST as $9.67
    And shows 4 canada post shipping options ranging from $19 to $22 CAD

It wont let me pay just the GST, its forcing me to select a canada post shipping as well. I thought this was covered by the $25(USD!) flat rate shipping?

Is there a trick to this? Do I have to contact them (have heard they are slow to respond/everyone is back logged with the current rush)
    Or is the "$25.00 FLAT RATE SHIPPING ON ALL ACCESSORY ORDERS TO CANADA" a sneaky way of saying we charge $25 flat to ship it from our US warehouse to the Canadian warehouse, and forgets to mention that we then charge you from the Canadian warehouse to you.
    Last edited by rob350; 04-04-2020 at 10:53 AM. Reason: solved

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    The $25 is from their US warehouse to Canadian, then you have to pay from Canadian to you. It’s their way of covering costs like transportation, paperwork, and pinning magazines. I thought it was clear enough on their website?

https://www.irunguns.ca/content.php?page=import-process-us-to-canada

It is 25$ usd shipping to Canada then you have to pay Canada Post shipping to get it from their Canadian warehouse to your home.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    The $25 is from their US warehouse to Canadian, then you have to pay from Canadian to you. It’s their way of covering costs like transportation, paperwork, and pinning magazines. I thought it was clear enough on their website?

https://www.irunguns.ca/content.php?...s-us-to-canada
    Looks blatantly clear on the .ca site, after digging through the .com site I see the same info
    My Bad!
    Thanks for clearing it up.
    Where do I get the form mentioned in that link? I don't see a pdf/download

Originally I only saw the big note at the bottom of the .com page saying:

PLEASE READ BEFORE CHECKOUT:
    All Canadian purchases are subject to a 25% restocking fee upon cancellation.
    $25.00 FLAT RATE SHIPPING ON ALL ACCESSORY ORDERS TO CANADA.
    FLAT RATE SHIPPING TO CANADA FOR ALL FIREARMS IS $25.00 PER FIREARM.
    Free importation into Canada for all purchases from www.irunguns.com

I figured if there was more shipping it would be noted as such, "$25 flat rate" without mentioning anything else seemed a little misleading.
    I hope IRG either clarifies this note they have at the bottom of their page or changes it to refer to the link you had so ALL info info is clear.

I had the same problem. I didn't notice it on their website either. At least I know for next time. Not a huge deal considering it was a product I couldn't get anywhere else, and even with the extra shipping charge the price wasn't bad.

To help clarify, we will also be updating this information to reflex the changes in Export Reform.

https://www.irunguns.com/content.php?page=policies

Export Schedule from our US facility to our Canadian facility
    IRUNGUNS files export permits to Canada once per month.

Orders placed from our Arizona store (www.irunguns.com) cut off on the 15th of each month (at the end of business day 5:00pm MST) so that we can file permits with the US State Department and Department of Commerce to bring all Defense Articles into Canada. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, orders generally arrive to our Canadian warehouse within the first 10 - 14 days of the following month (also dependent on holidays and weekends) and then shipped out to our customers the following week.

- For example, if you order between April 16th to May 15th, barring any unforeseen circumstances, your order should arrive to our Canadian warehouse within the first 10 - 14 days of June and shipped out the following week. If you order between May 16th to June 15th, your order should arrive to our Canadian warehouse the first 10 - 14 days of July and shipped to you the following week.

You can also check the status of your order by logging into your account on our Canadian site at www.irunguns.ca and clicking on "Account" in the top right-hand corner of the page.

Please note: As of June 26, 2018 we had been notified by the US State Department that all firearms having "China" as the original Country of Origin have now been sanctioned.

Due to the new US sanctions with China, we will no longer be importing Defense Articles with China as the country of origin. We have also been made aware that firearms with Russian origin are heavily screened and can cause further delays in the export process. Please keep this in mind when purchasing products in the United States.

All NFA items usually take 90 days for ATF clearance to leave the US Commerce.

Once your order has been packaged and processed for export you will be asked to log into your account on our Canadian website and pay the balance in Canadian funds which consists of 5% GST and Canada Post shipping from our Canadian warehouse to your shipping address on file.

Standard shipping is through Canada Post; please click on the Canada Post shipping option upon Checkout
    ( Firearms cannot be shipped using Xpresspost or Priority, so please choose Expedited )

We are unable to combine orders or add to orders after they are placed so please make sure you order everything at one time. Shipping is also cheaper that way.

Please be advised we only export from United States to Canada and vice versa.

Should you have any questions, please call our office at (780) 449-7220.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

News to me. It clearly said $25 shipping to Canada. Guess I’ll be paying more too. If my order ever goes through. Been a month.

Quote Originally Posted by rob350 View Post
    Looks blatantly clear on the .ca site, after digging through the .com site I see the same info
    My Bad!
    Thanks for clearing it up.
    Where do I get the form mentioned in that link?
    That link is still not clear at all. That is for products bought from a 3rd party store and then used irg to import for you. Not stuff bought from irg.com

I still don’t understand what items the $200 inport fee is for. I’m certainly not paying that for a couple mags.

ignore.
    Last edited by L.Parratt; 04-04-2020 at 12:49 PM. Reason: I Was not understanding correctly.

Lol pretty simple USD price of item + $25 USD ship to Canada + CAD sales tax + CAD shipping to your door. They’re “mostly” the better priced retailer. Don’t whine...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast