Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Available at FOC: Marlin 336 Dark Series

Any ETA on more 45-70s?

Quote Originally Posted by Arm&Gun View Post
    Got one of these recently. These are the 30/30's. Wanted to hold out for a 45/70 but hey if it's a good enough gun maybe there's room for two. I really did like the wide variety of muzzle devices the 336's 5/8 x 24" thread allows for. The short barrel is handy, and I love the fact that they included the full pic rail with ghost ring sights from the GBL model and not the more subdued version from the Trapper.

Not a fan of the furniture though. The paracord lever and sling are great, but the oddly textured stock and handguard make it seem like they were dipped in tar. Doesn't matter a whole lot though if you are planning on swapping it. I personally plan on a mlok handguard and either a GBL style laminate stock, or something custom down the road.

Overall, I feel very good value for the money, though 1199 is above what most were charging for these a month ago. This is likely due to any resupply being affected by the recently worsened USD exchange rate.
    my exact plan with the 1894 dark. midwest industries handguard and a dark laminate butt stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12