Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Athlon Optics in Stock!!!! Massive Inventory!

Quote Originally Posted by lacroian View Post
    Good to know!
    It's quite enjoyable when someone at the range shoots your rifle and compliments your scope. That feeling knowing you will break their heart if you tell them they just complimented a Chinese scope that costs 1/2 the price of their Nightforce lol

As stated above, the value is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by lacroian View Post
    I have never had the opportunity to look through a Athlon Scope. What is your personal overall opinion on these? Do they seem to be well made, glass quality ect. ?
    I have an Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27 MIL, love the thing so much I need to buy another. But this time I might have to get the Midas TAC 5-25. Great repeatable dialling. Clear glass and reasonable price.

CGN Regular
    Ares etr hard to beat for the $$$
    Free the West

Quote Originally Posted by NCPI View Post
    I have an Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27 MIL, love the thing so much I need to buy another. But this time I might have to get the Midas TAC 5-25. Great repeatable dialling. Clear glass and reasonable price.
    These are Tempting. I had a few 3000plus scopes that I have sold off because they spent too much time in the safe. But for 1200 dollars and to have something decent for the amount of "long" range shooting I do seems not soo bad!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    I have a couple Ares BTR scopes and they are really nice scopes for the money
    Nice to see another dealer carrying these

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Lifetime warranty.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

I have an Ares ETR and Midas Tac, and they are both awesome. Zero complaints.

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    How would an Athlon ARES ETR 4.5-30x56 compare to a Bushnell Forge 4.5-27x50 ... Both in FFP and MIL? Is the price premium on the Athlon worth it, so to speak?
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDeadlyAccountant View Post
    How would an Athlon ARES ETR 4.5-30x56 compare to a Bushnell Forge 4.5-27x50 ... Both in FFP and MIL? Is the price premium on the Athlon worth it, so to speak?
    Puts the Bushnell to shame. Ffp mil/mil is the way to go. Nice reticle. Glass is much better. I would say the ETR glass is just a hair behind the vortex razor hd. The Athlon also has quite a bit more elevation range. Turrets are really nice and locking windage as well as illumination. Definitely worth the price and then some.

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoy19 View Post
    Puts the Bushnell to shame. Ffp mil/mil is the way to go. Nice reticle. Glass is much better. I would say the ETR glass is just a hair behind the vortex razor hd. The Athlon also has quite a bit more elevation range. Turrets are really nice and locking windage as well as illumination. Definitely worth the price and then some.
    Good to know, thanks. Seems like the BTR line is more comparable to the Forge. The ETR is really something else from what I'm seeing, for the price.

I think I found my next optic.
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast