Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Athlon Optics in Stock!!!! Massive Inventory!

The BTR gen 1 would be on par with the forge line, the gen 2 would be about in line with the viper pst 2 from my experience.

well I bought an Athlon Talos BTR Tactical 1-4x24 for my FX-9 as I am getting ready to move the Vortex PST Gen 2 1-6 off of it once the new BCL-SLR COYOTE RIFLE arrives...

CGN Regular
    So I’ve been trying to do some research on these and this forum has been excellent. Probably going to monitor this a little longer before pulling the trigger

Just ordered 2... Can wait to put my hand on it !!!

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Now I can't decide if I want the Ares ETR or BTR. I care about glass quality and everything I'm seeing says they're pretty much identical (down to your own perception). Worth the $530 premium?

Glass is definitely better on the etr. I guess it would depend on what your looking for. In terms of scopes on the market, I’d think you’ll have a tough time finding anything better for under 2k, that being said I can’t say if it’s $500 better than the BTR. That’s a personal thing. It was for me, and I’d do it again
    Last edited by gcoy19; 04-14-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Something else to consider, the reticle is different on the ETR compared to the BTR if that makes a difference for you.

I've been shooting with an Ares ETR for just about a year now and the scope has been fantastic, definitely punches out of its price point. Had it out in the heat, the rain, and the snow, dialing up and down, and I have yet to experience any sort of shift in my zero, always come right back to where it should be. Tracking is excellent, turrets are crisp, and the glass is very clear, they are well worth the money!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    I think I'll try at NOT supporting the Chinese Communist Regime, so I have to ask....where are these optics manufactured?

Thx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    I think I'll try at NOT supporting the Chinese Communist Regime, so I have to ask....where are these optics manufactured?

Thx in advance.
    Well, Wolverine supplies is in Manitoba so ultimately you’ll be supporting a good Canadian company. Otherwise I’m pretty sure you’ll have a hard time not buying stuff made in China. Yes all of athlons scopes are made in China except for the Cronus which is Japan.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast