Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Magazine pinning

You won’t be disappointed. They did a bunch of m1a, Ar and pistol mags for me over the years... highly trusted as always.
    "The Horror. The Horror."
    - Apocalypse Now (1979)
    --------------------------
    CCFR & CSSA Member.

might have to go check out the selection now, my interest has been aroused!

I read online that the quality, fitting, feeding, extracting, bolt breaking, and other issues with the Norinco M305(M14) are all current problematic issues and that the quality and accuracy of the above rifle is no longer like the same version that was produced back in 2007.

If that really is true and I still want to grab a M305, what type of test would I need to put the rifle through to see if there are in fact issues with the unit I have?

How many rounds would I need to shoot with the rifle to come to a conclusion that the unit I have is sound and reliable? Would I need to conduct rapid fire(5 rd burst) to force an issue? Or to shoot off a 100 rounds while benched to see if the rounds are all landing within a general area, 4-6 inch group? How many rounds do I need to put through the rifle in order to determine if there are in fact issues with feeding, extracting, bolt issues?

I would appreciate it greatly if you can provide some shooting wisdom for I have little to none on these issues.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Bob View Post
    I read online that the quality, fitting, feeding, extracting, bolt breaking, and other issues with the Norinco M305(M14) are all current problematic issues and that the quality and accuracy of the above rifle is no longer like the same version that was produced back in 2007.

If that really is true and I still want to grab a M305, what type of test would I need to put the rifle through to see if there are in fact issues with the unit I
    How many rounds would I need to shoot with the rifle to come to a conclusion that the unit I have is sound and reliable? Would I need to conduct rapid fire(5 rd burst) to force an issue? Or to shoot off a 100 rounds while benched to see if the rounds are all landing within a general area, 4-6 inch group? How many rounds do I need to put through the rifle in order to determine if there are in fact issues with feeding, extracting, bolt issues?

I would appreciate it greatly if you can provide some shooting wisdom for I have little to none on these issues.

I believe that you found the wrong thread to post in.

Seriously , best rivet job I ever seen on a magpul mag

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Which is also illegal

Shawn
    As long as it's a legal magazine and you go through the correct legal channels it's completely legal for import. I just did a set recently. No need to spread more paranoia than already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by smellofspentcasings View Post
    I pin mine with 3/8 threaded rod through the magazine with nuts welded on each end.
    Probably not a good idea admitting this on a forum
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Scarheart View Post
    As long as it's a legal magazine and you go through the correct legal channels it's completely legal for import. I just did a set recently. No need to spread more paranoia than already exists.
    Well you mean except for the illegal export thing, yeah sure

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by rayzorloo View Post
    Probably not a good idea admitting this on a forum
    Why? He is actually following the law to an extent much further than a simple rivet.

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Why? He is actually following the law to an extent much further than a simple rivet.
    You cannot import or have in your possession a non pinned mag that law say it need to be limited.
    No canadian - individual - can do it unless it is done outside Canada. So the poster admit breaking the law by having unpinned mag in his possession.
    Repairing a broken rivet on a mag, so it stay pinned is not illegal..for him to say what he was doing..

My understanding, is that dealers like Irunguns get it done in the US before getting the mags imported...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast