View Poll Results: Would a 'kill zone' AR500 taregt selll?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not worth making and/or I would not buy.

12 12.90%
  • Yes, but I would not buy them.

22 23.66%
  • Great Idea! I'd look at buying if they are standard production.

59 63.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steel Targets Idea: Kill Zone plates aka Range Rabbit Froggies

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar

Steel Targets Idea: Kill Zone plates aka Range Rabbit Froggies

Edit: I KNOW! the spelling mistakes in the poll... dang it. Maybe it will gather more attention: any publicity is good publicity, right?

Also, I do NOT work for Range Rabbit.

I thought I would see if this was an idea Range Rabbit might make: steel targets designed to replicate a "rough" idea of a kill zone on an animal.

I know Range Rabbit could probably do a custom set, but I was also thinking that this idea could do two things:
    1. Get those who only shoot to practice for hunting and harvesting game into using renewable AR500 steel targets;
    and
    2. Add to the product line of an awesome company.

I know that there will be some debate on the sizing, but I thought from Internet searching that the following four sizes would be possible:

• Small: Fox, Coyote, small Wolf: 4" tall x 5.5" wide (cut from 1/4" for rimfire and 3/8" for centerfire)
    • Medium: Whitetail, Mulie, black bear: 6" tall x 8" wide (cut from 3/8" plate and 1/2" plate for close range big bore)
    • Large: Elk, small moose, cariboo, brown bear: 12" tall by 16" wide (cut from 3/8" plate and 1/2" plate for magnum)
    • X-Large: Moose and/or long range: 20" tall x 26" wide (cut from 3/8" plate and 1/2" plate for magnum)

They would look like this, and I have dubbed them the "Range Rabbit Froggie" target (excursive and express permission and free ownership of the design and term given to Range Rabbit only):

Poll is to gauge interest. It expires on July 10, 2020.
    Last edited by Aniest; 04-11-2020 at 05:16 PM. Reason: speeling
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

I like this idea. If I was in need of plates I would buy this.

My thoughts on this was to do a bit of the "leg work" and give a solid idea to gauge interest on, not some abstract idea that Range Rabbit would have to develop and design. It's easier to gauge that interest if people see what it looks like.

Also, I could not find any pictures on a Google Search (no, I did not try all the way to page 16, image 512, LOL) of this design.

Paint could be black or cardboard brown maybe?

I would buy these to put in front of cardboard cut outs so I would waste less paper targets and hear and/or see a target hit without a spotting scope.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    how about target rings on a gong like field & cave do in the USA
    Life is too short.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    Range rabit froggies, here I was expecting blue and white targets!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Get some spray paint any make it your own.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Looks good.
    Don't miss... I won't...

Looks good

Honestly i can tell you im pretty much strictly a hunter now, been hunting 18 years every legal animal. I hunt bald ass prairie. Shots between 100-600 yards on game big and small. Practice on a 6x6 plate and you will be good for anything at any distance. No special plate needed! Just my few pennies worth! A plate of any shape and kind doesnt help you figure out where to place a shot on an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by robocop View Post
    Honestly i can tell you im pretty much strictly a hunter now, been hunting 18 years every legal animal. I hunt bald ass prairie. Shots between 100-600 yards on game big and small. Practice on a 6x6 plate and you will be good for anything at any distance.
    Yup. I've got three plates from Range Rabbit now. I've made my own special spring hinge system for their IPSC Classic Mini to use it sideways. I painted it brown and placed it in front of a plywood cutout of a deer shape and size target by a couple of feet. When I hear the bullet hit the plate I know I hit it: works best with iron sights and low magnification optics. I don't need to see the hit on paper or a hole in the target, just know I hit the right size for the vitals. It's not about where to hit, but hitting the relatively same size as a kill zone in the distance, angle and wind speed of the shot; knowing I hit it without high magnification optics or a spotting scope.

Or just an excuse to help other get shooting more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast