Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We now have AR caliber ammo available

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    One year later ? Common..check the dates on original post...
    Quite the year it's been, too , lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    How bout ya keep your money, ya keep your ammo and I get your dogdog?!
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

Hello everybody! If we are talking about AR cartridges here, then I would like to know a little about such a gun as the AR-15. It is said to be a powerful rifle and very accurate. I am interested to know how far it shoots and what is the maximum distance to hit the target.

Let's revive the branch!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GunPower1 View Post
    Hello everybody! If we are talking about AR cartridges here, then I would like to know a little about such a gun as the AR-15. It is said to be a powerful rifle and very accurate. I am interested to know how far it shoots and what is the maximum distance to hit the target.

Let's revive the branch!
    Some say that AR-15 stands for Amazing Range - 15 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by billard81 View Post
    Some say that AR-15 stands for Amazing Range - 15 miles.
    Hahaha, good myth, it's a pity that this is impossible

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    Esl
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

Quote Originally Posted by GunPower1 View Post

Let's revive the branch!
    The AR-15 is a very powerful semi-automatic rifle. Typically, the firing range of such rifles reaches from 400 to 600 meters. To learn more about this, I would advise you to read the blog about the range of ar-15 rifles. If we talk about efficiency and target penetration, then it all depends on the caliber and type of cartridge you are using. For example, the well-known 5.56 cartridge just has a range of 400-600 meters, but the .50 BMG has a range of up to one and a half kilometers. Just think about what 1500 meters is, this is a huge distance from which you still need to get.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleMaster View Post
    The AR-15 is a very powerful semi-automatic rifle. Typically, the firing range of such rifles reaches from 400 to 600 meters. To learn more about this, I would advise you to read the blog about the range of ar-15 rifles. If we talk about efficiency and target penetration, then it all depends on the caliber and type of cartridge you are using. For example, the well-known 5.56 cartridge just has a range of 400-600 meters, but the .50 BMG has a range of up to one and a half kilometers. Just think about what 1500 meters is, this is a huge distance from which you still need to get.
    Up to 1500 meters? You are sure?

I suspected that there would be such an answer, so I attached a link to the truthful information. A reliable resource, you need to believe.

Okay, if the resource can be trusted, then I am very surprised at such a range, I had no idea that an ordinary rifle could shoot at a distance of more than a kilometer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast