Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heritage rough rider rancher

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 70m4h4wk View Post
    I'd buy one in .22lr and one in .22 mag if they are non restricted.
    Oh man. If they take the same cylinder as the revolvers can't you get a 22mag cylinder for pretty darn cheap and end up with a gun that shoots both? I know they used to be cheap at IRG haven't looked recently though.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Oh man. If they take the same cylinder as the revolvers can't you get a 22mag cylinder for pretty darn cheap and end up with a gun that shoots both? I know they used to be cheap at IRG haven't looked recently though.
    That's an even better idea.
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.

Looks like a fun toy...but I can't help but think that it would be a lot more comfortable to shoot with a slight pistol grip stock. I normally like straight-grip stocks on levers, muzzleloaders, etc. but in this case a standard pistol grip stock, something like the design used on a Browning BLR or Marlin levergun, would make the required two-handed grip more comfortable. Just holding up a standard straight-grip rifle to my shoulder and trying to use the grip shown in the video is very awkward; doing the same experiment with a pistol-gripped lever is much nicer.

Another question I have is how well a revolver action feels when fired right in front of your face. I actually didn't much care for the Browning Buckmark rifle I tried years ago, as I could feel a fair bit of debris and blowback gas on my face during firing, and a revolver action seems like this might be a concern. Anyone shot a revolving rifle who can comment on this?
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    Looks like a fun toy...but I can't help but think that it would be a lot more comfortable to shoot with a slight pistol grip stock. I normally like straight-grip stocks on levers, muzzleloaders, etc. but in this case a standard pistol grip stock, something like the design used on a Browning BLR or Marlin levergun, would make the required two-handed grip more comfortable. Just holding up a standard straight-grip rifle to my shoulder and trying to use the grip shown in the video is very awkward; doing the same experiment with a pistol-gripped lever is much nicer.

Another question I have is how well a revolver action feels when fired right in front of your face. I actually didn't much care for the Browning Buckmark rifle I tried years ago, as I could feel a fair bit of debris and blowback gas on my face during firing, and a revolver action seems like this might be a concern. Anyone shot a revolving rifle who can comment on this?
    I had a revolving .410 for a short time and with the gas shields off nothing was directed back at my face actually, it all blew out to the sides.

Heritage Rough Rider Rancher carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    We have them ordered, just waiting for supply:
    https://lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=HEBR22B16AS-LS
    Have these arrived yet? What is the expected pricing?

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoga View Post
    Have these arrived yet? What is the expected pricing?
    no, there is no ETA on them currently. They may be close as we have seen a couple in USA lately.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Please delete.
    Last edited by Netsquash; 10-02-2023 at 10:27 PM.

Any update on these, doing a quick google search and this forum post is really the only thing that comes up for Canada.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edmmatt View Post
    Any update on these, doing a quick google search and this forum post is really the only thing that comes up for Canada.
    No, everything is so hard to get now. If we hear anything, we will post it up here shortly after though.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Tagged
    "May God have mercy for my enemies because I won't " George Patton Jr

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast