Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt Python .357Mag 4.25" Stainless

Quote Originally Posted by manufrance View Post
    no surprise there as disclaimer by some dealers like "Pre-order items may have unavoidable changes in delivery date, price or quantity available"
    Hopefully prices won't be too crazy
    Yes but they said they would tell us as soon as they could if there were any changes and they have not so if they do that at last second not only is that bad customer service it also appears more like a calculated/creative price adjustment. There are ways to lock in currency rates with a bit of planning and I would assume an importer would know that and do that especially with such a long pre order.

Even with our bad dollar 1499÷.71 is approximately 2100 so still good.

Whoes at 2100?

Quote Originally Posted by tinviper View Post
    Whoes at 2100?
    No one. The point is the dollar has not devalued enough to go past the 2200 mark. Just give Justin a few more weeks and we will get there, but not there as of today.

What I am saying...and I have 2 on order... is do not act like surprised when the price is announced. That is the nature of the game.
    We have been warned. if we don't like the price, we get a refund of our deposit.

CGN frequent flyer
    1USD is 1.42 Cdn. Go to xe.com that rate doesn’t factor in what your credit card company charges you. $1500 USD translates to almost $2200.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Exchange 1 Jan when the first pre-orders were announced with the 2200 price was 1.30CAD to 1USD

Exchange is now 1.42 so 8-9% increase. I suspect MSRP will now be 2400 area.....

Dealers will have to buy at current rate, not when they made their orders to NS....

My pre-order is as follows:
    Pre-order items may have unavoidable changes in delivery date, price or quantity available and we will notify customers ASAP. Pre-order may be cancelled at any time and the deposit fully refunded.

Since NS is just now telling us when the guns will be at the Dealers the Dealers have not been able to update time or price. Whatever - I knew the price and delivery could/would change.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    Exchange 1 Jan when the first pre-orders were announced with the 2200 price was 1.30CAD to 1USD

Exchange is now 1.42 so 8-9% increase. I suspect MSRP will now be 2400 area.....

Dealers will have to buy at current rate, not when they made their orders to NS....

My pre-order is as follows:
    Pre-order items may have unavoidable changes in delivery date, price or quantity available and we will notify customers ASAP. Pre-order may be cancelled at any time and the deposit fully refunded.

Since NS is just now telling us when the guns will be at the Dealers the Dealers have not been able to update time or price. Whatever - I knew the price and delivery could/would change.
    Hear ! Hear!

This should be different as this is not a regular stocked item that is more subject to impact of currency rate fluctuations. They secured a certain number of guns at a point in time and there are ways to also lock in the currency rate at the time of order - these were ordered and they accepted money to secure the order from the customer so they have them all sold and they were sold at the time of the pre order. So you would think if they accepted money so they could be reasonably assured of sale and the numbers they needed that they would have attempted to mitigate the risk of currency fluctuations. And yes there is an upside and downside to this, their downside is heavily mitigated by the fact they are new and essentially sold out in US market and they are sole distributor in Canada. So what happens next will tell me they are either poor planners or worse and I know which way I am leaning.

In the end it will be what it will be and the community will have more information about the industry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast