Thread: My BlackBox Custom Glock 34 Gen 5

My BlackBox Custom Glock 34 Gen 5

Black Box Custom Glock 34 Gen5 Austria:

So I bought this pistol used because it was a good deal. It is Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS made in Austria. I own a few Glocks and decided it was time to send this one for a makeover to match a STI Combat Master that I had recently purchased. The individual at BlackBox that I dealt with was Devon MacCarthy. I had dealt with him when he worked at Freedom Ventures and was convinced that I was in good hands.

This was their first time doing work on a Glock 34 gen5 pistol, they had to make some adjustments to their machining code and design (I guess the Gen5 slide dimensions are a hair off from the Gen4). There were a few hick-ups along the way, but Devon and the crew at BlackBox resolved them and kept a professional and open dialogue throughout the entire process.

When I received the pistol I was blown away at the quality of work and overall appearance, I also had them do some work on the trigger and they were able to get it down to 2.5lbs. Unfortunately I was in my busy season at work and wasn’t able to take it to the range for about two weeks (almost killed me).

The First range trip did not disappoint, the trigger was amazing and the pistol performed well! The Fracture stippling on the grip held tight and I was able to put the rounds where I wanted them! The Zev Magwell and their own base pads worked nicely together, which resulted in flawless mag changes.
    Below is what I had done by them with pictures. Overall I am very pleased and would recommend BlackBox Customs for anyone looking to have work done on their firearms.

Milling:
    Seeker Package (6x Recessed pockets, 4x Lightening Cuts, Front Cocking Serrations)
    Lightening Cuts - Top
    Frame: Undercut - Primary
    Frame: Essential Stippling Fracture

Cerakote:
    Handgun - Slide - Single Colour
    Slide - JW Black
    Cerakote: Miscellaneous Parts
    Barrel - JW Bronze

Parts:
    Zev Pro Plus Magwell
    Springs and a Trigger Job (The trigger was existing from previous owner)
    Mag Base pads

Pictures: Sorry my cell camera isn't the best

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  144.4 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  53.5 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  55.8 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  140.5 KB
    Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  104.4 KB
    Name:  6.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  111.0 KB

Very pretty! Nice Work!

Nice rig, too bad BBC is limited to Glocks with their CNC.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Nice rig, too bad BBC is limited to Glocks with their CNC.
    They do milling work on other pistols too, I have personally seen their milling work done on the CZ shadow 2! They also just had a slide milling promo for optics that included various other brands. But yes Glock is their specialty!
    Last edited by lacroian; 04-16-2020 at 02:37 AM.

CGN Regular
    I have been in to their shop. They have examples of many different brands they customize. Just check out their website. The quality of their work can't be beat.

Business Member Black Box Customs's Avatar
    Thanks very much for the wonderful review and giving us the opportunity to work with you and your firearm. We sincerely appreciate the warm feedback; I'll let the technicians know you're pleased with the work

-Devon

Milling | Stippling | Cerakote Certified | Firearms Retail | Part Retail | Parts Manufacturing
    www.BlackBoxCustoms.com
    sales@blackboxcustoms.com
    Phone: (403) 470-8802

#8, 4420-75 Ave S.E.
    Calgary, AB
    T2C 2H8
    SHOWROOM: M-F 9-7 / SAT 10-5

BANNED
    Awesome, I have a 34 I want to get "john wick'd" just like that. Great work.

Nice gun! Not surprising to see a good review once again for Blackbox. We're lucky to have these guys in Canada....Looking forward to more service options in the future from Blackbox as their business grows!