Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extrema Ratio: The Best Knife Brand on the Market?

CGN Regular
    N690 has no place in a hard use setting. This company is making decorative wall hangers imo.
    Last edited by Tachead; 04-20-2020 at 08:56 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    Thank you for bringing them in!

All of mine are users, no more collectors for me.
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    You delete my post because I tell the truth lol. All you have to do is search the net. These knives are terrible. N690 has no place in a hard use setting and this company is either ignorant or actively trying to pull one over in people. If you were a good dealer you would protect people and not try and fool them into thinking these knives are the best.
    The steel does everything I need it to.
    No complaints and I'll take these over anti-gun Benchmade any day.
    Funny, I can still remember when cpm154/154cm was the latest and greatest...move along.
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sixty9santa View Post
    The steel does everything I need it to.
    No complaints and I'll take these over anti-gun Benchmade any day.
    Funny, I can still remember when cpm154/154cm was the latest and greatest...move along.
    Yep, it's descent steel but, not a good choice for a hard use tactical knife imo. And, definitely not a good steel for large knives/swords(that's why there are reports all over the net of them breaking).

But yet, you are ok buying from a company from Country with far more oppressive firearms laws lol. You do know that BM makes several models for hunters correct?

Yeah, I will definitely move along. Just saw the claim that ER is the best knife company on the planet and found it laughable. It should say, if you want a highly stylized(so much so it hurts function) knife that looks like something out of comic book, made of the wrong kind of steel for the application, and way overpriced for the materials used, ER is your company lol.

Please read some reviews before buying people...
    Last edited by Tachead; 04-20-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Personally for EDC knife there is nothing wrong with the N690 steel. I find that N690 edge retention is a bit better then with 440c.

If you look at tests, it falls in the golden middle range and not everyone wants to spend thousands of dollars on a vorpal blade.

What are you using your knives on for god sake?
    Last edited by GreenBob; 04-20-2020 at 11:29 PM.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Regular
    I love them. A friend of mine has a couple and they are simply amazing. But expensive. It's on my bucket list of things to get.

Yep, it's descent steel but, not a good choice for a hard use tactical knife imo. And, definitely not a good steel for large knives/swords(that's why there are reports all over the net of them breaking).

But yet, you are ok buying from a company from Country with far more oppressive firearms laws lol. You do know that BM makes several models for hunters correct?

Yeah, I will definitely move along. Just saw the claim that ER is the best knife company on the planet and found it laughable. It should say, if you want a highly stylized(so much so it hurts function) knife that looks like something out of comic book, made of the wrong kind of steel for the application, and way overpriced for the materials used, ER is your company lol.

Please read some reviews before buying people...
    I gotta agree... for the price you can get much better materials and IMO better designs but to each their own. You can get some amazing customs for the price of many of the ER's. Good on Tac Imp for stocking something you can't get just anywhere tho.

CGN Regular
    N690 has no place in a hard use setting. This company is making decorative wall hangers imo.

Interesting;

I love some of the designs... the requiem is perfect for a plate carrier etc...

however, I do wish for their larger knives they went to a tool steel, something along the lines of L6.

You cant argue though that for the majority of their users stainless steel provides more advantages... they are nut all knife nuts

CGN Regular
    BTW I have been trying to call the store but no one ever answers...

are you guys shut down?

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CAD View Post
    BTW I have been trying to call the store but no one ever answers...

are you guys shut down?
    Our staffing is different because of the virus, so in and out of the office. Did you leave a voicemail? All voicemails are returned same day
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast