Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leupold - the science behind optic quality

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 ball View Post
    Yep, we get "Hornaby" lots over the counter! Sometimes makes us wonder if you can't even see how "Hornady" is spelled if you should be safe to shoot guns! How bad IS you eyesight!
    Or, Hornaday". That one drives me nuts.
    1944 - 18 year old men stormed the beaches of Normandy into almost certain death.
    2021 - 18 year old boys need a safe space because words hurt their feelings.
    2022 - 18 year old boys aren't sure what bathroom to use.

CGN Regular lt.hicks@rogers.com's Avatar
    Korth, tell Leupold to make more scopes!
    Last edited by lt.hicks@rogers.com; 11-12-2023 at 01:25 PM.

I just call them loopies.

Are their optics really a lot better than other brands like what they claim in the video?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoHat View Post
    Are their optics really a lot better than other brands like what they claim in the video?
    Some lines are. Some, it depends on your opinion. Almost always for the dollar the glass is at the top and build quality is excellent. Service through Korth is nothing short of exemplary. Warrenty though never used by me personally, is said to be painless. I really like the choices you have with Leupold such as optional CDS dials, svelte light weight and tough as nails designs not to mention the many reticle options Korth can install. There is also the fact that they will check your scope out if you purchase used or on a trade for authenticity. Thats big! Lots of counterfits out there in all the big brands now.
    Last edited by Runt; 05-13-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    *Exchange offers expire within 24hrs*

Quote Originally Posted by Runt View Post
    Some lines are. Some, it depends on your opinion. Almost always for the dollar the glass is at the top and build quality is excellent. Service through Korth is nothing short of exemplary. Warrenty though never used by me personally, is said to be painless. I really like the choices you have with Leupold such as optional CDS dials, svelte light weight and tough as nails designs not to mention the many reticle options Korth can install. There is also the fact that they will check your scope out if you purchase used or on a trade for authenticity. Thats big! Lots of counterfits out there in all the big brands now.
    This☝��

Anyone carrying the new line of sunglasses?

Quote Originally Posted by .308ACADIAN View Post
    Anyone carrying the new line of sunglasses?
    Yes, even saw them on sale for the father's day. A cgn sponsor, don't remember which. About 15% off Magpul and Leupold glasses.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Very cool video -- thanks for sharing. Especially interesting to see the testing that each scope design goes through.

I have a Leupold on my main deer-hunting rifle, and I absolutely love it for the reasons mentioned in the video: lightweight, fantastic optics, durable, never seems to lose zero. It also has a broader eye-relief range than anything else I have tried, which means really fast target acquisition for offhand shots.

Do the ones made in China or the Philippines get the same attention? I have a couple of M8's, a Gold Ring tactical and a nice rimfire variable EFR. Too bad they don't offer high gloss finish anymore. For the price you can't beat Leupold and no nonsense warranty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast