Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 18.6 inch AR barrels with integrated muzzle brake/flash hider

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Airborn_69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taeish View Post
    why not just contact hm defense directly? they seem to have a working model already... albiet at reduced length
    It would be easier to get it done Canadian $$. With the whole ITAR thing slacked off, who knows.

Canadian or even Faxon to do an extended would be the easiest.

HM defense, as far as I know don’t ship north or don’t have an export permit. I believe their barrels are 14.5 and 16”s.
    Ex NFA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt-roc View Post
    i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborn_69 View Post
    Likely 100 or so and they’d sell like hot cakes!
    You can barely buy the cheapest chicom barrels for $100. Good barrels sell for $300+/- and that without the complexity of machining a brake on the end.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    You can barely buy the cheapest chicom barrels for $100. Good barrels sell for $300+/- and that without the complexity of machining a brake on the end.
    That’s like 100 barrels made not $100/ per.
    Ex NFA Member.

i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports

BANNED
    Oh sweet jesus. Go retake your PAL class.

A semiauto shotgun with a barrel of 470mm or more is not restricted. 470mm is 18.50"
    A semiauto shotgun with a barrel less than 470mm is restricted.
    ANY shotgun with a barrel cut to less than 452 or 17.99" is prohibited.

Barrel length

(2) For the purposes of this Part, the length of a barrel of a firearm is

(a) in the case of a revolver, the distance from the muzzle of the barrel to the breach end immediately in front of the cylinder, and

(b) in any other case, the distance from the muzzle of the barrel to and including the chamber,

but does not include the length of any component, part or accessory including any component, part or accessory designed or intended to suppress the muzzle flash or reduce recoil.
    18” shotgun barrel, pretty long NR..

Pretty sure everyone knows to remain NR with a semi auto centrefire rifle barrel you have to be above 18.55”

You’re a piece of work that’s for sure..
    Last edited by FyreFighter; 04-17-2020 at 08:47 PM.

CGN Regular
    Wouldnt be CGN without a great deal of the comments being about a completely irrelevant topic lol. It's perfectly legal guys, there are guns that already employ such barrels in Canada but theyre either custom or proprietary designs. I digress, and concur that a run of 100 or so would sell out very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    Wouldnt be CGN without a great deal of the comments being about a completely irrelevant topic lol. It's perfectly legal guys, there are guns that already employ such barrels in Canada but theyre either custom or proprietary designs. I digress, and concur that a run of 100 or so would sell out very quickly.
    I’d personally grab 2 if TNA did a run.

The amount of internet experts and smart asses on here is just entertaining wouldn’t you say OP?
    Ex NFA Member.

CGN Regular
    I’d personally grab 2 if TNA did a run.

The amount of internet experts and smart asses on here is just entertaining wouldn’t you say OP?
    Id buy more than one also for my NR semi's. And yeah its the internet, alot of good sharing of ideas but also alot of people wanting to be right about a subject that's largely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    ...when realistic custom pricing comes out only 5 will pony up the cash, so most manufacturers won't touch this, not worth their time.
    No, if it's people on this board:

200 people will be "interested"
    100 of them will lose interest because the style of device isn't identical to some obscure one they saw in a photo of some Navy SEALS in training
    50 won't buy in because they can't get it in Blackout and/or the specific barrel profile and/or the specific tube length they want
    40 won't put a deposit because they "will never do another preorder"
    7 will cancel their order and get their deposit back because it will longer than 18 hours from design to delivery
    The remaining 3 will have their orders cancelled/refunded by the supplier because there was very little demand and it wasn't worth tooling up for a run of three barrels.

That said, I would buy two of these, the lighter the better.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Regular
    OR OR OR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oznjv7KbmsQ

Thread the end, port behind the thread. Then you can use shims and a slide over Halbek style muzzle device to adjust the brake to a type/look you like.

Come to think of it you could probably cheaply do this to an existing barrel. The main thing is getting a muzzle device made with reverse thread. Otherwise its counterbore, cut large ports, then make a muzzle device. You could even use one of the TNA reverse mock suppressors as a base since it already has reverse threads. Although aluminium muzzle devices can be prone to wear.
    Last edited by AntiKhaos; 04-18-2020 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Added shower thoughts.

CGN Regular
    As an aside for people saying the brake needs to be smaller than the gas block journal. You can buy two piece gas blocks.