Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 18.6 inch AR barrels with integrated muzzle brake/flash hider

CGN Regular

18.6 inch AR barrels with integrated muzzle brake/flash hider

Hey guys i figured id throw this out there because you always take customer advice to heart (which we really appreciate); have you considered getting some AR barrels made that are 18.6" but include integrated muzzle brakes/flash hiders (i.e. machined directly into the barrel)?

An example of this would be the factory barrel on the AR 180b, or the FAXON barrels that have the integrated flash hider (pictured). This essentially allows you to save the length youd have to give up by adding one of those devices, while maintaining the 18.5" minimum length barrel required for a rifle to be Non Restricted.

I think if you did something similar theyd sell like hot cakes. Just a suggestion and thanks for your time/great products and customer service.
    Examples:
    https://ibb.co/cDczWk3
    https://ibb.co/QHG5BNY
    Last edited by apexanimal; 04-17-2020 at 11:38 AM.

I think you’re on to something here

+1.....
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Airborn_69's Avatar
    Interested.

Tried, IBI and MRA already and no dice!

Let’s keep it 18.6” Including muzzle device tho.

Just an example here too.

Name:  5934FA48-78EA-4C0D-B064-7D1A2FE36EB6.jpeg
Views: 3373
Size:  83.3 KB
    Ex NFA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt-roc View Post
    i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports

Unfortunately in Canada barrel length goes from breach to the end of the rifling ,this goes back to when they were importing m1carbines with 16 inch barrels and they tried welding on 2.5 inch flashhiders to make it 18.5 inches,the rcmp quickly said nope

Quote Originally Posted by 5HoursNorth View Post
    Unfortunately in Canada barrel length goes from breach to the end of the rifling ,this goes back to when they were importing m1carbines with 16 inch barrels and they tried welding on 2.5 inch flashhiders to make it 18.5 inches,the rcmp quickly said nope
    Ahh welding an insert yes but not if the muzzle device is part of the barrel or built with the barrel in mind.

The rifling doesn’t matter as long the barrel, in one piece is a total of 18.55 inches or more.
    Ex NFA Member.

i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What about having a really deeply counterbored crown, to act as a built-in linear compensator?
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Interesting, I had a NR ACR with a flash hider machined into the barrel. Rifling ended at 16.5 inches and RCMP approved it for NR status. I even emailed them to confirm and I got a response saying "if it was machined in one piece, then it is fine as long as the overall length of the barrel was 18.5" (which mine was 19" with flash hider).

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    What about having a really deeply counterbored crown, to act as a built-in linear compensator?
    That you can’t and was explained to by Ian from Herron Arms as you won’t be able to insert the gas block, depending on the diameter of the barrel I.e. .750 or .950. So the integrated device cannot be more than those and the way he does it is an illusion, the end of the barrel is like a pencil profile.
    Ex NFA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo66 View Post
    Interesting, I had a NR ACR with a flash hider machined into the barrel. Rifling ended at 16.5 inches and RCMP approved it for NR status. I even emailed them to confirm and I got a response saying "if it was machined in one piece, then it is fine as long as the overall length of the barrel was 18.5" (which mine was 19" with flash hider).
    I tried Herron and is a bit difficult and super expensive so I passed. (Almost like he only does top tier barrel blanks from scratch and the NR thing is added in his cost). I offered to send him a bull 20” barrel but alas he didn’t want to do it. Just wanted to save a lot of money by a prefixed AR10 barrel.

However if TNA did a few run of the mill on these, price could be very appealing.
    Ex NFA Member.

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast