Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 18.6 inch AR barrels with integrated muzzle brake/flash hider

Subbed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborn_69 View Post
    I’ve mentioned that to 2 gunsmiths and they were recalcitrant on the matter. Legally yes it could work.
    Drilling on an angle other than 90 degrees can be a PITA. Running a spotdrill first would be an absolute must.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Airborn_69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldo66 View Post
    Here’s my previous NR ACR barrel. Don’t have a photo with a tape measure, but standard 16” Krieger barrel, with built in flash hider. NR status measuring 18.6 overall length.

https://ibb.co/XYK20dZ
    Here’s a hand from god

I’d totally be on something like this, Herron Arms does some excellent custom work!

Name:  73E00F67-C748-4836-813B-834B9F7D3729.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  149.3 KB
    Ex NFA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt-roc View Post
    i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Airborn_69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Chromed and in 9.3x62 Mauser please.
    Last I checked this is a AR10/AR15 barrel thread. At least you didn’t hijacked this with a shotgun barrel length like the last time..
    Ex NFA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt-roc View Post
    i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports

BANNED
    Since you brought up the subject...

Reading comprehension may not be your strong point, so I'll make it explicit: the whole point of the shotgun angle was that a poster was unclear about what constituted barrel length. You may recall they thought it was related to the length of rifling. It wasn't.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn_69 View Post
    Last I checked this is a AR10/AR15 barrel thread. At least you didn’t hijacked this with a shotgun barrel length like the last time..

Another interested person here. Gunner or pencil profile with brake (not FH) preferred.

BANNED
    yup pencil profile with integrated brake. This would be ideal.

If they were made with several barrel profiles and brake/hider combinations and they had competitive pricing, I think they'd become the non-restricted standard in this country. I'm also curious how a 17" barrel would do against the 16's and 18's ballistically.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhunterbob View Post
    If they were made with several barrel profiles and brake/hider combinations and they had competitive pricing, I think they'd become the non-restricted standard in this country. I'm also curious how a 17" barrel would do against the 16's and 18's ballistically.
    You only lose about 20 to 50 fps for each inch (in these longer lengths, not for shorties)

Pretty negligible

A 16" is about 3178 fps using 55g
    To 3205 at 18.5"

That's only about 25 fps

These are approximate numbers as every rifle and barrel and cartridge is a little different but the loss will be comparable pretty much

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    You only lose about 20 to 50 fps for each inch (in these longer lengths, not for shorties)

Pretty negligible

A 16" is about 3178 fps using 55g
    To 3205 at 18.5"

That's only about 25 fps

These are approximate numbers as every rifle and barrel and cartridge is a little different but the loss will be comparable pretty much
    Exactly, a 16 inch basically will give you everything youre going to be pragmatically getting out of the 5.56 cartridge anyway.