Thread: 20 minute dry fire workout routine you can follow along

20 minute dry fire workout routine you can follow along

https: //www.guns.com/news/2020/04/17/20-min-dry-fire-workout-routine

20 MINUTE DRY FIRE WORKOUT ROUTINE YOU CAN FOLLOW ALONG

[youtube]WRzo8Br88GQ[/youtube]
    Itching for the range but settling for dry fire? We have the dry fire workout routine for you. Even with ample access to a range, dry fire is an excellent training technique every avid shooter should incorporate into their regimen to perfect their shooting skills. So grab your gun, your gear and let’s get to dry firing!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
    Handgun
    Belt
    Holster
    Magazine pouches
    Two magazines: One weighted with dummy rounds/snap caps or a weighted mag specifically for dry fire.
    Target: Dry fire specific targets with a small aim point.
    Hat or ear pro
    Shoes
    Timer
    *Before running any dry fire drills, visually and physically inspect your gun is clear, then clear the area of all live ammunition.

DRILL 1: 50% SPEED DRAW
    With a weighted magazine inserted into your handgun, holster the gun and practice your draw at 50% speed. This is for warm-up purposes and to nail down your technique by building muscle memory to establish a perfect draw. Do 10 to 12 reps.

DRILL 2: 75% SPEED DRAW
    Using the same draw as before, crank up the speed. Don’t sacrifice technique, though. Work on producing good draws each time just a little faster. Do 10 to 12 reps.

DRILL 3: DRAW FROM SURRENDER
    With the handgun holstered and weighted magazine inserted, draw from the surrender position. The surrender position is defined as hands above shoulders. For best results, use a touchpoint — the bill of your hat or ear pro works well to ensure a consistent draw each time. Do 10 to 12 reps.

DRILL 4: TURN AND DRAW
    With the handgun holstered and weighted magazine inserted, start with your back facing the target in either the surrender position or with hands below the belt. At the start signal, turn to face the target and draw. Do not break the 180-degree plane as you reholster after the draw. Always practice basic safety as if you are on the range even when you are not.

Tip: Try looking at your holstered gun and feet while waiting for the start signal. Since you can’t see targets look at where your action will start. Do 10 to 12 reps.

DRILL 5: 50% SPEED RELOAD
    Insert an empty magazine into the handgun and place the weighted magazine into your magazine pouch. At the start signal, perform a reload at 50% speed. Once again, focus on technique and building muscle memory to establish that perfect reload.

Tip: Make sure magazines are clean and you are dropping them on a soft surface. Dropping mags on a wood floor might damage them. Do 10 to 12 reps.

DRILL 6: 75% SPEED RELOAD
    Using the same technique as Drill 5, speed up the process. Make sure to seat the magazine properly every time and avoid fumbles. Even if you do fumble, don’t stop. Follow through and work on smoothing subsequent reloads. Do 10 to 12 reps.

FINAL THOUGHTS
    These basic skills are suited for competition shooters but even the recreational range-goer will benefit from dry fire practice. While following along, feel free to put in more reps as needed or slow your speed — some drills might be challenging and require a bit more practice. Adjust to your skill level.

To elevate your training, invest in a timer. There are free apps you can download if you don’t have a physical timer on hand. When using a timer be sure to set a par time — a second beep so you can gauge your speeds. (For example, a one-second draw at 50% speed would set a par time of two seconds.)

Rewatch the video above and follow along as much as you need to to get comfortable and motivated to dry fire!
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

The video is very useful! However, I remember from a young age always being told to never dry fire a gun, so when I purchased my Glock 19 I was surprised to hear so many people recommending dry fire drills to improve shooting accuracy.

Like many things in life, there is always conflicting information floating around so I decided to research if it was okay to dry my Glock 19 handgun as well as all the other firearms in my collection.
    I will rewatch the video and follow along as much as I need to get comfortable and motivated to dry fire! Thanks! Do you know what is bacteriostatic water ?
    Last edited by TheresaNorthSLr; 11-09-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Thank you for sharing!

very helpful. Thank you!

I had the same advice - not to dry fire. But I found out later that only applies to rim fire guns. You can deform the firing pin by pounding it into the chamber wall with no brass cartridge to absorb the impact. Centre fire should be no problem.

Thanks for sharing this dry fire workout. It is beneficial for me because I practice sports at home, and I am inspired by various videos that I find on YouTube or applications with sports exercises. But I feel like I've already watched all the sports exercise videos on YouTube and can't find anything new. So tonight, I will be inspired by the video you shared. I want to see the best results from these exercises. To increase the speed of the process and see results as quickly as possible, I bought a special solution from https://reaperlabz.net/product/ibutamoren-mk-677/ to have visible results. I hope everything will be fine
    Last edited by peterhend; 03-29-2022 at 02:07 PM.