Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly 14 inch 2019 prod Questions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cocker View Post
    Thanks, unscrewing easily definitely isn't the case with it. I'll hit it with some heat. If the head continues to strip, I'll tap the screw driver in a little and give that a go. I'm assuming they wouldn't have used a thread locker from the factory on this thing.
    Don't assume anything; Nork pistol sights often have some sort of locking compound on them; they take a strong blow with a punch and hammer to get them moving. Once moving, they are not exactly easy to move, but are much easier than they were.

Quote Originally Posted by EthanW View Post
    A few moments later

That looks awesome and very practical.

Where did you get the +1 mag tube extension and spring, if you don't mind? I can't seem to find it anywhere in Canada (via google)...
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

S&J Hardware out of Belleville ON
    Last edited by rubberdonuts; 04-25-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Autocorrect Correction

I got one this week too. I was surprised how well the shotgun was made, it is nice and heavy. So far, all Remington 870 parts I tried appear to be an exact match (end cap, follower, spring retention cap, etc). I was very glad, as I've read that the previous versions had different end caps and thus would not fit the standard 870 mag tube extensions... but perhaps these were the Norinco models, from other distributors.

There was also a very nice gift in the box, which is much appreciated. I opened the box in front of a fellow gun owner just after receiving the package and he was very impressed with the shotgun. I'm fairly confident that the free gift put the whole deal over the top for him and secured you a new future customer, lol!

One question though... are the 14" Grizzlies still available in the non-mag fed version (standard tube mag). The website seems to only list the mag-fed version, twice :

Last edited by 762mm; 04-25-2020 at 05:58 PM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

Quote Originally Posted by rubberdonuts View Post
    S&J Hardware out of Belleville ON

Perfect, thank you. I searched their website earlier, but couldn't find them. Perhaps they're sold out...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I cant remember what year mine is. 2010 maybe. Mesa Tactical kit is a nice addition.
    Name:  20200425_181627.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  46.6 KB

"One question though... are the 14" Grizzlies still available in the non-mag fed version (standard tube mag). The website seems to only list the mag-fed version, twice :"

I think they're just sold out of 14 incher tube feds.. They only had a couple left about a week or week and a half go.
    I enjoy firearms and firearm accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cocker View Post
    "One question though... are the 14" Grizzlies still available in the non-mag fed version (standard tube mag). The website seems to only list the mag-fed version, twice :"

I think they're just sold out of 14 incher tube feds.. They only had a couple left about a week or week and a half go.

I see. Hopefully they will restock these soon enough. They are surprisingly very nice shotguns and I prefer the "no extra bulk" benefit of the tubular magazine. A +1 extension would make it perfect, both function and looks-wise (as the mag tube would then be flush with the 14" barrel).

Thanks!

By the way, the factory choke measures just about 17.5mm at the muzzle. This makes it about 0.690" to 0.700".

I just measured it with a caliper. Looks like these have a full choke.

Last edited by 762mm; 04-25-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Their website is wildly inefficient for searching anything. I despise it but love their products so one must make it work. Shoot Simon an email or reach them on Instagram where they usually respond same day.

https://www.sjhardware.com/product/r...xtention-mkii/
    Last edited by rubberdonuts; 04-25-2020 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Addition

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast