Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly 14 inch 2019 prod Questions

Grizzly 14 inch 2019 prod Questions

Are the rear fixed sights meant to be removable? Just want to confirm before I hit it with penetrating oil and heat. I had tried unscrewing the rear screw with the proper sized screw driver, but the head began to disform.

What's the specs/thread pitch for the screws I'd need for the receiver rail holes? I'm planning on plugging them off with some grub screws.

Lastly, which choke size do these come with?

The shotgun is very decent for the price. Compares very closely to my pre freedom arms remington 870 express, inside the receiver is almost as clean as far as machining marks.

Edit (Answers):

Choke: Choke that came with it has 3 notches, so that should be a modified choke, and is threaded for Winchoke.
    A common M4-0.7x8 machine screw with counter sink head fit perfectly in mine as a replacement.
    Last edited by The Cocker; 05-10-2020 at 10:39 PM.
    I enjoy firearms and firearm accessories.

I take out my Grizzly and take a look , Norinco is not the same as Dominion although they share a lot of parts , Norinco use a lot of soft metals beside the barrels and receivers . If you are satisfied with the performing , better leave it as is . I had been breaking my tools to adjust the windage rear sight that look like simple job , also had ugly marks leaving on the firearms .

Yeah, they're basically the same thing more or less. I was mostly hoping to remove the rear sight for use with other Rem 870 barrels that I have. If it's more of a PITA than applying a reasonable amount of heat and penetrating oil, I don't think I'll bother. I don't want to get into using a screw extractor or carefully drilling it out.

I guess in a way it's better that the screw is much softer than the receiver metal, harder to end up with stripped holes like on a 10/22.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Butcherbill's Avatar
    It should unscrew easily, once the screw driver is in the head give it a good couple smacks with a hammer, if it has some thread locker some heat will help.

Thanks, unscrewing easily definitely isn't the case with it. I'll hit it with some heat. If the head continues to strip, I'll tap the screw driver in a little and give that a go. I'm assuming they wouldn't have used a thread locker from the factory on this thing.

I own a 2016 with the Ghost Ring sights. Mine uses flat head screws and I had to lightly tap the bit in before she would turn without deforming the head. I plan on replacing this sight with one of them Ardius setups or an XS Sight Rail. Although I’ve never had to adjust the DA Grizzly sights after first sight in it worries me knowing those screws are garbage.

Which style does your's have, ghost ring? Mine's more of a rifle rear sight. I'll just replace the screw with a fresh hex or torx head one of some sort once I'm done mangling it.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Yes, they unscrew. I suspect they use some sort of thread locker

I don't have the screw specs on hand, sorry

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Yes, they unscrew. I suspect they use some sort of thread locker

I don't have the screw specs on hand, sorry
    Does the magpul forend require mod to fit a 14''?

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanW View Post
    Does the magpul forend require mod to fit a 14''?
    just a light sanding to match the metric tube

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast