Thread: Now Carrying Kershaw And Zero Tolerance Knives.

Business Member Firearms Outlet Canada's Avatar

Now Carrying Kershaw And Zero Tolerance Knives.

Name:  CGN-Knives.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  67.2 KB

Shop Knives <<Click Here>>

FIREARMS OUTLET CANADA
    725 Westney Rd S
    Unit #2
    Ajax, ON, L1S 7J7

Shop Online: www.firearmsoutletcanada.com

Phone: (905) 428-1118

E-Mail: info@firearmsoutletcanada.com

Facebook / Twitter / Youtube

I thought all that BS about assisted opening knives didn’t allow these speed-safe knives into Canada. Has something changed for the better?

I always thought border services had no business making up the rules as they go, a lot of that going around as is

Assisted opening is perfectly legal, they don't open "automatically by gravity or centrifugal force or by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife", you need to initiate the movement by moving the blade itself. I own a few assisted knives (ok let's be honest, a lot) that I bought locally and over internet. Some have been checked by customs and released without issues.

I own a few ZT and they're awesome (nothing to do with cheap kershaws), My ZT-0560 has to be the knife I carry the most.

Great, now I need to check out FOC and see if I need a new knife.

Quote Originally Posted by KlusterNine View Post
    Assisted opening is perfectly legal, they don't open "automatically by gravity or centrifugal force or by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife", you need to initiate the movement by moving the blade itself. I own a few assisted knives (ok let's be honest, a lot) that I bought locally and over internet. Some have been checked by customs and released without issues.

I own a few ZT and they're awesome (nothing to do with cheap kershaws), My ZT-0560 has to be the knife I carry the most.

Great, now I need to check out FOC and see if I need a new knife.
    Yes yes yes I know, but for a while they took the centrifugal force thing very seriously and anything that could open with the flick of the wrist was not allowed.

Whatever. If they are coming in now it sounds like they have relaxed a bit or someone higher up told them to cool it.

Very excited for these! Thanks for bringing them in!

Quote Originally Posted by fellers88 View Post
    Yes yes yes I know, but for a while they took the centrifugal force thing very seriously and anything that could open with the flick of the wrist was not allowed.

Whatever. If they are coming in now it sounds like they have relaxed a bit or someone higher up told them to cool it.

Very excited for these! Thanks for bringing them in!
    Nope they are still confiscating knives. I had a knife confiscated earlier this year. It was a ZT 062TAN, just a plain manual knife. Due to CITT 18-01 decision any knife that can be opened with one had is now considered automatic and prohibited to enter Canada. Kinda weird that we have a federal agency having a kangaroo court deciding that certain knives are illegal at the border but perfectly legal to have once inside the country.

Mine was confiscated through the mail system. From what I have been told, all mail items that contain weapons are put into a different bin and sorted manually. I am guessing this only affects individuals trying to import and not businesses.