Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: A statement that needs to be made.

Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns. It's when the good guys DON'T have guns that the S*** really hits the fan.

CGN frequent flyer
    Bill Blair was probably on the phone immediately telling the RCMP to not mention what type of gun was used, so that they can blame every type of gun for this unhinged lunatics actions.

CGN frequent flyer
    Strict gun laws seem to have stopped shootings in the UK (e.g. no repeats of Hungerford or Dunblane), Australia and NZ.

Not any mass shooter events in those countries since they cracked down. Need to be careful with facts otherwise they can turn around and bite you.....

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    I can state with great certainty that more firearm legislation will not stop these types of crimes.
    The ultimate problem is people.
    With all respect, I disagree .. it depends on what kind of firearm legislation …

if it is more bans, prohibitions, confiscations, etc - then no, it's a dead end ..
    the main lesson from the NS event - inability of the police and authorities to provide any safety and/or protection .. for hours, forget minutes and/or seconds .. and seconds what's needed

but if it's a firearm legislation getting vetted people trained, tested, qualified in Use of Force Models and using handguns, allowing them to carry
    (personally, I prefer open and not concealed) to protect themselves and fellow citizens - then yes, it will help …

why, IMHO, it should be trained, tested and qualified people? …

because UoFMs are different for different categories of people - LEOs, armed guards, armed civilians, and they are quite complex ..
    and everyone carrying must be able in a split second identify if someone is behaving in accordance to their appropriate UoFM or not
    and choose his/her own actions in accordance to his/her own UoFM … any error will have a dire consequences …

and be proficient in the use of a handgun, as on the streets, not in a controlled environment of the ranges, there are no missing shots …
    every bullet meets a target … the problems is, was it an intended and legitimate target … if not, the shooter is fully responsible …
    and again, with dire consequences ...

Quote Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
    Bill Blair was probably on the phone immediately telling the RCMP to not mention what type of gun was used, so that they can blame every type of gun for this unhinged lunatics actions.
    Still we do not know the type of gun??

Well said, RIP

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelunc View Post
    Still we do not know the type of gun??
    we don't know an awful lot of things … I guess, they are not ready yet ..
    weapon(s)? licensed? shot/dead after taken into custody? crime scenes? what happened at each? timings?
    no alerts to citizens in surrounding areas and traveling on area roads about a "phony" RCMP officer?

Not Confirmed thru official sources ,but apparently the perp took the slain constable's sidearm
    NFA CCFR

PRO PATRIA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelunc View Post
    I can not understand what is wrong with North American man. I come from Romania and we to not have mass shootings, and yes you can legally posses handguns or AK 47.
    Why did you quote me in your totally off topic comment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 55recce View Post
    Strict gun laws seem to have stopped shootings in the UK (e.g. no repeats of Hungerford or Dunblane), Australia and NZ.

Not any mass shooter events in those countries since they cracked down. Need to be careful with facts otherwise they can turn around and bite you.....
    ….but the firearm tool is replaced with another tool...so in fact net change is minimal...just by different means. Blue Bird Café 37 killed with gas.

Sept. 1, 1972: An arson attack on a downtown Montreal night club kills 37 people and injures 64. Gasoline was spread on the stairway of Blue Bird Cafe and then ignited. Most of the deaths occurred in the Wagon Wheel country-western bar upstairs. Three young men from Montreal who had earlier been denied entry for drunkenness were convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Interesting read..... http://thedailylibertarian.com/stop-...lling-problem/

Well said IRG.