Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: A statement that needs to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by vermintrex View Post
    I commend the statement.

Firearms owners had been until now, on the back burner for our embarrassing leader.

But that was the final nail in the coffin. Until Saturday, April 18 / 2020......the best the current leadership could do was reignite the hysteria related to Polytechnic....and similar acts of evil in the US.

But at a time when everyone was hoping for a diversion from the daily drag of pandemic news....this has a very captive audience, and it couldn't have come at a worse time.

It has consolidated a somewhat passive mix of anti's and pleebs that just need a cause. They don't care if it makes no sense, its all about we are in this together.....and the pleebs love grape juice.

It's over. Not even a strong conservative government can stop it now. Anything but ban is political suicide.

Sorry guys....but you just witnessed the end of a sport.

Sucks.
    Only because theres no one concerted voice for the right leaners and or gun ownership.
    CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Trustme View Post
    Only because theres no one concerted voice for the right leaners and or gun ownership.
    I rest my case.

I'm sorry for the doom and gloom take on this. But it's clear what will happen. Turd will seize on this and broadcast as loud and often as possible.

Fragile minds will listen, because they don't have to listen to distancing instructions.

People died...and that is inexcusable....but if you think the firearms sports community will have an atom of support from on the fence voters.......zero probability.

Zero.

None.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life - W.C.

Member NFA

I agree with what's been said by many: Guns are not the problem, but people. Crazy people.
    I am not sure what guns this man used to do the killings, but likely a handgun was part of it because he was dressed as a policeman, wearing the uniform, and one would think that a handgun is part of that uniform.
    If he did use a handgun, you can be certain that this will add a great deal of fuel to the government's agenda of banning handguns and semi-autos.
    Maybe this man had a mental health problem. Maybe he was just a complete a$$hole. Maybe both.
    Whatever, there was no need for him to kill all those other, innocent people. He could have taken his own life, get that over with, but why do it like this?
    Hard for most of us to understand. The problem is that while there are rabid animals like this who can access firearms and do these atrocities in our society, we law-abiding gun owners are going to face an uphill struggle hanging on to our firearms. Why? Because the politicians and the general public will lump us together with this psycho, and paint us all with the same brush. To them, anyone with access to guns will be a potential mass murderer. So, the only solution they see is to disarm everyone.
    This is what happened in the UK, Australia and is happening in New Zealand. I very much hope it does not happen in Canada, but with mass shootings like this, we are headed down the same road, in my opinion.
    A few crazy people will screw this up for all of us.

True, well said!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerM View Post
    I gotta agree. Getting rid of capital punishment was the WORST mistake we've ever made as a nation.... aside from banning CHL's, pepper spray and ostracizing self defense.
    truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
    I agree with what's been said by many: Guns are not the problem, but people. Crazy people.
    I am not sure what guns this man used to do the killings, but likely a handgun was part of it because he was dressed as a policeman, wearing the uniform, and one would think that a handgun is part of that uniform.
    If he did use a handgun, you can be certain that this will add a great deal of fuel to the government's agenda of banning handguns and semi-autos.
    Maybe this man had a mental health problem. Maybe he was just a complete a$$hole. Maybe both.
    Whatever, there was no need for him to kill all those other, innocent people. He could have taken his own life, get that over with, but why do it like this?
    Hard for most of us to understand. The problem is that while there are rabid animals like this who can access firearms and do these atrocities in our society, we law-abiding gun owners are going to face an uphill struggle hanging on to our firearms. Why? Because the politicians and the general public will lump us together with this psycho, and paint us all with the same brush. To them, anyone with access to guns will be a potential mass murderer. So, the only solution they see is to disarm everyone.
    This is what happened in the UK, Australia and is happening in New Zealand. I very much hope it does not happen in Canada, but with mass shootings like this, we are headed down the same road, in my opinion.
    A few crazy people will screw this up for all of us.
    Yup, you got it.

I teared up hearing the news.

I'm angry innocent people were lost. It's really crappy. Punch my computer screen crappy. Call my daughter to tell her I love her crappy.

But it is the event that those dirtbags will be happy to leverage.

You would be stupid not to if that's your agenda.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life - W.C.

Member NFA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelunc View Post
    Former communist countries (yes include a part of Central Europe).
    There was a mass shooting in Russia 17 days ago.
    In 2018 in the Ukraine an 18-year-old student shot and killed 20 people and wounded 70 others before committing suicide.

CGN Regular
    Well said IRG

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    There was a mass shooting in Russia 17 days ago.
    In 2018 in the Ukraine an 18-year-old student shot and killed 20 people and wounded 70 others before committing suicide.
    Maybe I'm dating myself....but it used to be the conclusion of doing yourself in was the cowards way out.

But taking others out before you have the balls to do it......that's the cowards way.

I'm not unfamiliar with depression....working through it, but as an evolved human I don't see the necessity to take others with you.

I'm a man....if I want to go, it will be a private event.

It's the last ultimate selfish move to take others with you. Weak and disgusting.

Member NFA

GunNutz