Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MRA V1 458 SOCOM Bolt + Barrel Kits

Business Member

MRA V1 458 SOCOM Bolt + Barrel Kits

MRA V1 458 SOCOM Bolt & Barrel Kits now available.

Retail: $599.95

SHOP NOW

MRA V1 Nitride AR-15 458 SOCOM Barrel

The Maple Ridge Armoury V1 Nitride AR-15 barrel is precision CNC machined in Canada from premium, GBQ 4140 CMV steel blanks. These button rifled blanks are lapped and stress relieved. Lapping is added quality assurance to minimize any tooling marks in the bore. The blanks are air gauge tested during final inspection to ensure the most exacting tolerances.
    All V1 Nitride AR-15 barrel have precision cut chambers, gas ports, and an 11 – degree target crown. We use an Heavy profile to achieve an optimal balance between harmonic resistance , heat resistance, and weight savings. The 1/14” twist effectively stabilizes a wide range of common 458 SOCOM projectiles.
    All Maple Ridge Armoury V1 Nitride AR-15 barrel undergo QPQ Black Nitride heat treatment. This heat treatment provides superior corrosion, wear, and abrasion resistance. Instead of adding material to the bore (like Chrome lining), Nitride treats the existing steel by imbuing nitrogen into the surface of the steel both inside and out. In this way, the Nitride process offers excellent accuracy potential.

AR-15 Barrel Specifications

Material: 4140 CMV Steel
    Treatment: QPQ Black Nitride
    458 SOCOM – 1/14” twist rate
    6 groove rifled, honed, hand lapped, and stress relieved
    11 degree target crown
    11/16-24 muzzle thread
    Precision cut chamber and gas port
    M4 barrel extension with enlarged, single feed ramp
    Gas Journal: .875″
    Gas System:
    18.6″ – Mid-Length
    Weight:
    18.6″ HVY –
    Lifetime Warranty
    Made in Canada

Toolcraft Nitride AR-15 458 SOCOM Bolt and Pins

Toolcraft probably makes more BCGs than any other manufacturer in the USA, and they are excellent quality. The company’s components are so reliable that many of the big USA gun brands will not bother making their own BCG, they simply order them from Toolcraft and add their own brand name.

The bolt is made from 9310 steel, a more modern tool steel compared to the classic carpenter steel. It is a nickel-chrome-molybdenum case-hardening steel, with good strength and toughness properties. It has high hardenability, high core hardness and high fatigue strength. 9310 steel is typically used in components with large cross sections requiring high toughness and core strength such as gears, crankshafts and heavy-duty gear shafts in aircraft and truck construction.

Bolt Specifications

458 SOCOM Bolt
    458 SOCOM firing pin
    Ready to drop in and go
    Mil-spec
    Phosphate finish
    MPI inspected (and laser marked) bolt
    Made in USA

SHOP NOW
    Last edited by Maple Ridge Armourer; 04-21-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Order Placed. Thanks for bringing these to market!

CGN Regular
    Any muzzle brakes for these yet?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennisan View Post
    Order Placed. Thanks for bringing these to market!
    Thanks for the support!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    Any muzzle brakes for these yet?
    We will have muzzle devices and our new Regulator adjustable gas blocks ready in 3 weeks.

Note: These barrels do work with our standard 0.875" Pincer Gas Blocks.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    Note: These barrels do work with our standard 0.875" Pincer Gas Blocks.
    Anything specific we need to look for in a gas block that is compatible?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Business Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    Anything specific we need to look for in a gas block that is compatible?
    Nothing specific other than you should buy a Maple Ridge Armoury gas block of course.

So this just drops into any AR-15 receiver set? Nothing let to do but hold your balls while firing with one hand?

You think If we wait 3 weeks for the muzzle breaks and regulator gas blocks you will still have stock of the barrel/bolt combo? Doesn’t make sense to make 2 orders and pay shipping 2x

Nevermind just seen this on the site:

We have lowered the minimum order value from $300 to $100 to qualify for free, Canada wide, shipping using coupon code FREESHIP. If you have placed a store pick-up order prior to 24 March 2020 and you have not yet collected it, we will ship the order for free.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    So this just drops into any AR-15 receiver set? Nothing let to do but hold your balls while firing with one hand?

You think If we wait 3 weeks for the muzzle breaks and regulator gas blocks you will still have stock of the barrel/bolt combo? Doesn’t make sense to make 2 orders and pay shipping 2x

Nevermind just seen this on the site:
    Yes these will work in AR15 and similar type firearms.

I expect to be sold out of this run by the end of the weekend. I recommend ordering now to secure a barrel and bolt. We can hold the order until the other parts are ready and ship all at once.

Use the order notes to request the hold and coupon code for free shipping on the future parts order.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Holy crap, order in!

I've had .458 SOCOM reloading components (Brass, bullets, powder, primers, dies, etc) since not long after I contacted Zach @ TNA about this at the beginning of 2019. He said not to jump the gun and but a bunch of stuff, as it could be a while. But I did anyways. I was kind of hoping I didn't spend more than a few hundred dollars on components for a caliber I'd never shoot, lol.

Just to clarify, the bolt "with pins" comes with the firing pin, cam pin, and firing pin retainer, yeah?

A buddy didn't believe me when I told him I finally had an oder in for a .458 SOCOM barrel that actually exists, haha. Thanks for doing this MRA

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast