Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israeli Surplus M1 Carbine .30 Carbine 18" Restricted

FOC it's finish for me, they grow up their prices much more that the reality is, and yeah i know the us dollar but it's too much.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Element82 View Post
    Argh! Soooo close to being NR!
    Early on you could have a flash hider installed/permanently and get around the restricted BS but that changed .Didn't matter if it was welded on.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Early on you could have a flash hider installed/permanently and get around the restricted BS but that changed .Didn't matter if it was welded on.
    I had one of those and sold it on the EE, had to take it back and then back to the person who sold it to me as non restricted. Pretty sure there are still lots of them out there.

I remember clearly that the rationale was that it was the Montreal bank robbers’ weapon of choice...

Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    It is my understanding that this is the firearm that caused the 18.5 inch rule. In 1969 these were common surplus and when they were drafting the legislation, 18.5 was chosen because all the M1 carbines would become restricted. At the time they were the scary rifle they wanted to ban.

Ftw^^
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Nice little gun to complement the ruger blackhawk. Like they say the mags seem to be the most problems for it. Would have liked to have the m2 but was to late to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Ok, that's just too cute!#
    "People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know." Noam Chomsky

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast