Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on pal application

Quote Originally Posted by Blintok57 View Post
    no idea what it would be. I have a theft charge on record but that was almost 40 years ago. No violence or anything close to that. Not even a parking ticket in last 30 years.

wondering if Vancouver police gave wrong record again? Several years ago i had to get clearance for work. When i picked up from VPD i was confused by seeing recent charges. Turns out there
    is someone with similar name to me in Vancouver. Next day i picked up the correct one and that has zero on it.

I am a stable law abiding citizen. Living at same address and same job for 20 years. Do 911 calls flag you? Because of work i have had to call 911 quite often and they take my name for the record.
    Sometimes they take a long time to process the applications. I'm not sure why. I am in BC, my application took two and a half years. I checked a box, which likely had a lot to do with the delay, however they didn't call myself or my references for any interviews.

Ah yes the good ol have you ended any relationships question. That one cost me a few months.

I would imagine they have minimal staff now at work due to Covid?

I think the normal turn around time is a few months, covid will probably create more delays.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12