Thread: Insuring your firearms

Insuring your firearms

Hello all,

After reading up on how insurance is the best backup to any security flaws with cabinets versus safes, how should I approach it? Insure only your safe Queen's/valuable ones? Only the ones you actually use? Everything? The growing list of nrs that are slowly becoming prohibs?

I have room on my home insurance to put them on without adding coverage, but do I only insure the ones I've paid taxes on or put everything on and stop being paranoid?

CGN frequent flyer thepolinator's Avatar
    My advice to you is to get a rider for one or more of your guns. Years ago I was with a different company. I asked about firearms and they said no problem. Fast forward 2 years and when i asked why the coverage wasn't on my policy I was told I was not allowed firearms in my home and they tried to cancel on me. After them calling me names, claiming I never told them, claiming the rexorded phone call was jot recorded and them telling me they could sue me I finally filed a complaint with the ombusdman and won. Now I have a small rider for one gun so the new company can never say I didnt tell them. Oh and the company was Belair Direct

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've actual been thinking about this lately too. I was thinking a fire would eff me, i might have to jack up my coverage which will suck tho.

Called the cooperators today, unless they are antiques, firearms are protected under personal property, similar to if your laptop or jewellery, to a degree. She asked for me to put down what I paid, not the replacement costs are now, which is a big difference in sks alone. I sent in a list of what I paid taxes on for now, the agent said the picture of what I have is just in a file.