Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Active-shooter Rapid -responce Lessons to learn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    While I think it's a bad idea to try and place blame, I think there are lessons to be learned, and I hope they are. The big one right now is why there was no emergency message broadcast on smartphones, televisions, and radios. That's a management/structural issue, and may have saved lives. Posting on twitter has very limited usefulness. I understand about 92,000 Nova Scotians followed them on twitter, which means less than 10%. I know they broadcast a statement on Covid a couple weeks ago, so the system works. The concept that the RCMP were still drafting a message 12 hours later indicates the was at the least a procedural problem. That needs to be fixed before God forbid it happens again anywhere in Canada
    Not procedural. A lack of respect for the citizens and a way too strong belief in their own power and authority.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Personally things at the "higher echelon" of the RCMP have to change. Canada's Federal police force should not be "behind the curve' when it comes to equipment and training. Never mind passing more laws, how about 3-4 high quality training facilities that can operate similar to Blackwater, rural officers should get some ERT skills and SOP's. Why aren't those frontline officers wearing there "plates" and carrying there carbines, why aren't there low profile helmets with comms? Why the RCMP brass doesn't want to bring th force into the 21st century is beyond me. There are plenty of resources out there. Passing more laws and blaming "smuggling" is a delusion.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

We have one facility in Ontario: MILCUN

Quote Originally Posted by R005t3r View Post
    We have one facility in Ontario: MILCUN
    Exactly, maybe the "brass' should turn on the Sportsmans channel for a couple of days and see the level of ranges and training facilities in the US, maybe it's an 'eye opener" for them.
    As a vet, the only way to respond with any effectiveness is to do "rehearsals" and we did lots in the Army, over and over again, and you know what, it WORKS! that's today's "take away" not a feeble PM who thinks passing laws will make the country a "safe space". Give me a fu*king break.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Exactly, maybe the "brass' should turn on the Sportsmans channel for a couple of days and see the level of ranges and training facilities in the US, maybe it's an 'eye opener" for them.
    As a vet, the only way to respond with any effectiveness is to do "rehearsals" and we did lots in the Army, over and over again, and you know what, it WORKS! that's today's "take away" not a feeble PM who thinks passing laws will make the country a "safe space". Give me a fu*king break.
    IMO, they are too stuck with romanticising the past instead of waking up to the reality of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrock View Post
    Not procedural. A lack of respect for the citizens and a way too strong belief in their own power and authority.
    We disagree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefBoyOhBoy View Post
    IMO, they are too stuck with romanticising the past instead of waking up to the reality of today.
    Probably to some extent, but what's wrong with the GOV and procurement? Why can't equipment be soured and training facilities built? Why does it take years and millions of dollars to select a duty pistol?
    I remember when I was in the Army and they purchased the G-wagon, and alot us wondered? why just one submission? & I found out the answer, the Cdn Defense industry and the world knows that Canadian GOV is "cheap" so we end up with nothing or bargain basement, which turns out to be "gold" plated yrs later due to mismanagement. No one is interested in competing because there is no money in it.
    I'm guessing that unfortunately most of the budget thses days goes to lawsuits?

Every organization has lazy or "dead wood employees, however I'm guessing that 99% of the members are like Cst. Steveson, who rammed the car. I hope to God she had here PPE (plates) and a carbine? or someone at the top should lose there job!

Quote Originally Posted by winruger View Post
    Well I see still no real talk about actual legal self-defense. If I could carry I would every single day. And practice practice practice. but this is Canada...sigh. Still the case of only good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns. But Canadians are only allowed to be prey, not good guys with guns....just sayin...
    ^
    ^
    ^
    This!!
    Spare time and guns, two things you never have enough of.....

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Every organization has lazy or "dead wood employees, however I'm guessing that 99% of the members are like Cst. Steveson, who rammed the car. I hope to God she had here PPE (plates) and a carbine? or someone at the top should lose there job!
    I doubt she had plates, or a carbine. She was likely wearing her issued 2A vest and had her service pistol. Furthermore, why was she engaging in deliberate vehicle contact with an armed suspect as a one officer car. Where was her back up? Why not follow and radio updates until appropriate resources could respond. Again, a zillion questions. I imagine, there is some epic CYA going on at the RCMP right now. I do have faith that an operational review will reveal what worked and what did not, but it will take three years. I do not have faith that RCMP management will implement the recommendations in any meaningful way as it will cost money.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast