Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314

Thread: Active-shooter Rapid -responce Lessons to learn

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Actually if you goto post #77 but you probably won't. Is a screen shot of my phone. Of a text warning of 2 shootings happening in the Halifax area. Which ended up being nothing. But they listened to the criticism of the shooting on Sunday and started to use it. Can't fake a screen shot.

Nothing about perp disguise as police, like I said...
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

Quote Originally Posted by astuart44 View Post
    You are fake news, AOWM.

Attachment 376690
    I’m not news at all, I’m providing commentary.
    You are pretty funny
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Consensual fights are not against the law in Canada. Assault is primarily the nonconsensual application (or threat of) physical force. Two guys can throw down all day long - until it escalates to causing bodily harm. You can't bash a semiconscious guy's head with a brick. You can't maim a guy. Fisticuffs? All day long.
    Bull sh*it, I have first hand experience how that statements outcome is dependent on how much you want to fight an assault charge in court. Its not for the police to decide what's consensual, and if it meets the likely hood of conviction in their mind at that time, then a guy or both are going to get charged. Both parties would have to agree separately that they wanted to fight. And in most circumstance, the stories are going to be polar opposite. So how does a officer, with 30+ calls on the board have the time to determine, aggressor or Consenting party? Its going before the court, and if you're an average employed person, you won't qualify for legal aid. Lawyers are out of reach at $350 an hour. 9/10 plead guilty.

Criminal Record is contingent on A) How good your lawyer is. B) How much money you have. C) Where you come from. Thats why I disagree that its the only most objective, and clear method of determining ones validity for law enforcement.

Im in the biased opinion, that very minor CC convictions should be automatically expunged after 15 years if the individual has not been convicted of any other offences in that time frame.

Criminal Records Act should be modernized not to fucc people out of jobs they would excel at in a normal country.
    Police should have not been diccs years ago, and kept the laying of charges to a reasonable level, you wouldn't have the JORDAN APPLICATION which allows murderers to walk free.

Which brings me back to my original points that overhauling the recruitment model for police in this country is necessary.
    Post secondary graduated-liberally educated people know how to play politics very well or as you put it "Get along". The last thing any one wants is the police playing politics, which is something they do so very well.

And now with the "Call out Culture" in post secondary institutions a corner stone, do you really think that university educated folk make better cops? AS IF.
    Fucc'n Edmonton losses a significant percentage of recruits because of lack of body language awareness, Because they've been raised on a device and social media. Which allows for kids to game academia, and become "successful candidates", get through training (because thats a game), hit the streets and then eat their gun in 6 months after real life throws them a curve ball. But hey, they volunteered and got straight A's in Uni. As if.

Almost every department has a problem with recruiting enough to offset attrition, so rather than adjust requirements like some in the US, immigration becomes the solution (Only in Canada eh).

Everything I said here is sourced from the news and police departments. its not conjecture, its qualified information.

Bill Blair is the personification of the Canadian policing model.
    CCFR

BANNED
    So the cop who has 30 calls in the queue is going to go through and complete not one but two arrest packages when he can chalk it up to a consensual fight?

Bottom line is the world is not as simple as you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AOWM View Post
    Nothing about perp disguise as police, like I said...
    Did you even read the post you replied to? They learned from their mistakes and started to use the system. Letting people know, about an event unfolding that happened AFTER the Sunday shooting. This has nothing to do with the Sunday shooting. So why would they say perp disguised as a police officer, when again, has NOTHING to do with the Sunday mass shooting?

This is from a police friend.

The rcmp knew after the fact that it should have been used. The system was not put in place for police to use outside of amber alerts. It's not that the public made them realise they need to use it, at the time they had never needed to use it before and it was a developing situation. Now there is protocol.in place for all agencies in NS to use it. Before this week it wasnt setup that way.
    Last edited by OkayShooter; 04-26-2020 at 02:07 PM.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Last edited by trucker; 04-26-2020 at 03:20 PM.

For me the lesson is simple. Law-abiding citizens should have a means to defend themselves and their loved ones.

(I find it ironic that we can’t take action against the government for compromising the safety of its citizens, but they can act to further restrict our means to self-defence. I have a feeling such events are going to become more common in Canada due to cultural spillover mixing with an economic recession and general lack of mental health supports. My $0.02)

Great post OP, thanks. I appreciate you making an assessment and comparison of the facts.
    I think this is an incredibly difficult situation to second guess given how fluid and fast moving the situation was at the time. I notice that people react to this as if the locale was a group of city blocks, rather than a widespread rural area. This jerk was stopped by the sacrifice of one RCMP officer and the alert thinking of another.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by csr_jr View Post
    Great post OP, thanks. I appreciate you making an assessment and comparison of the facts.
    I think this is an incredibly difficult situation to second guess given how fluid and fast moving the situation was at the time. I notice that people react to this as if the locale was a group of city blocks, rather than a widespread rural area. This jerk was stopped by the sacrifice of one RCMP officer and the alert thinking of another.
    You bet! Saturday night it was crazy. Shooting and fires. Multiple locations. Absolute chaos. Not much to second guess.

BUT

6-8 hours later there should have been enough time to be getting a handle on things and post an alert BEFORE people start going out.

The jerk was terminated when he made the mistake of stopping for gas at a station occupied by several RCMP. Had he kept driving who knows.

After 8 hours for leadership to prepare she should not have been put in a position of sacrifice without backup.
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    So the cop who has 30 calls in the queue is going to go through and complete not one but two arrest packages when he can chalk it up to a consensual fight?

Bottom line is the world is not as simple as you think it is.
    I don't think the world simple. I think its overly complex. My experiences and observations are what I base my positions on.

Just like you I have eyes, and see things, and just like you I have experienced.
    CCFR

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314