Thread: Sako 85 Varmint Laminated Stainless Rifle .223 Rem - $2599.99

Business Member RangeviewSports's Avatar

Sako 85 Varmint Laminated Stainless Rifle .223 Rem - $2599.99

Sako 85 Varmint Laminated Stainless Rifle .223 Rem - $2599.99

The Sako 85 Varmint Laminated Stainless Rifle comes with all the same qualities as the Varmint model, only its stainless metal parts and stable laminate stock are optimized for rough conditions. The fluted barrel increases heat dissipation, decreases overall weight and gives this rifle its distinctive beauty.

Features:
    • Stainless steel barrel and receiver
    • Heavy varmint contour barrel
    • Varmint style matte oil laminated stock with beaver tale fore-end
    • Single-set trigger
    • Two way safety with bolt realease lever
    • Detachable two row staggered steel magazine

Name:  IMG_2772.jpg
Views: 1638
Size:  94.5 KB

Rangeview Sports Canada
    1111 Davis Dr. Unit # 28B
    Newmarket, ON L3Y 8X2 Canada

Visit Online: www.rangeviewsports.ca/
    Phone: 905-868-6666
    Email: service@rangeviewsports.ca

Facebook | Instagram| Youtube

I want this for my next coyote gun. damn its nice

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    I had that rifle a short time. Not cuz it sucked. Nice gun for sure. But that’s almost 3000$ taxes in. I paid barely over 3000$ for my barreled action with impact precision action and hawkhill barrel! At this price I’d go custom action aaaaanyday. Without any second thought

Good point Mike! I was thinking this rifle should be $1500.00 at best, not $3000.00 out the door.....

No fault on Rangeview Sports, they are awesome!....

Sako needs to have a grip of reality with their pricing! Beautiful guns no doubt, ridiculous pricing on Sako's part.

My understanding is Sako and Tikka are built in the same factory. Yes I know a Tikka is a poor man's Sako, but!...........

I would own several Sako rifles if they ever offered them at reasonable prices. Not sure why they have always been priced so high. Maybe someone could enlighten me without being rude or nasty!.......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Gorgeous and caliber I would not mind have.

Ditto to the need for Sako to get a grip on the real customer they are serving.
    I can't believe they sell at that price.
    The production must be very low.
    No wonder they make Tikka's at the same factory! guess which is selling better?
    I would also go custom with an Ultimatum (Canadian) action and IBI (Canadian) barrel with KRG stock for same money or even less!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Good point Mike! I was thinking this rifle should be $1500.00 at best, not $3000.00 out the door.....
    ...Maybe someone could enlighten me without being rude or nasty!.......
    I can't specifically defend the cost of the noted rifle, but Sakos in general offer an excellent product. I don't think $1500 is realistic - maybe 15 years ago, but not now.
    They are well a cut above North American and sistership Tikka offerings.
    I have a Sako 75 Varmint Laminated Stainless in 6ppc and a TRG-22 in .308 - two of the higher rated factory offered rifles out there.

Sakos offer fit, finish and quality construction that are in some instances at or better than some custom levels in my opinion (along with other stuff coming from higher end European manufacturers).
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    2000$ tops in today’s world. Not 2600$!! Sako does need to get it together. Very nice guns for factory rifles but hands down I’d go custom action. Even a “lower priced” bighorn origin Or defiance tenacity would be heaps better. Not sure of the Canadian made ultimatum actions. Heard too much negatives on them but I’d certainly go with an American made action without seeing one first. I never saw my bighorn tl3 or impact precision action before ordering. More than pleased with those. Not trying to ruin somebody’s sale here I guess I sorta could be. My bad.... too bad the Sako isn’t priced decently.