Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Our New Location is Almost Ready to Open - Just Waiting on Ford

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    You're kidding, right? I don't know if you guys have read the news lately, but there's this ####ty thing called COVID-19 that is currently a global pandemic. The reason why places like Costco and Walmart, amongst other businesses are allowed to keep their doors open is because they sell everyday necessities (You know, food, clothing, sanitation materials). I get that it sucks that mother nature had other plans during the period of time you were supposed to open up a new shop, but advocating that non-essential businesses be allowed to have people browsing, touching and in general being within close proximity of others, is stupid. Absolute bold faced greed and ignorance. Almost everyone is hurting during this, but try being part of the solution instead of the problem by actually using your influence for good instead of feeding into the fire of idiocy. You might as well be standing in Queen's Park with the rest of the goofs in Toronto.

Seriously disappointed in you guys for even thinking this is a smart think to ask.
    I get what you are saying but can you explain why booze or weed or DQ Blizzards are more essential than the stuff Select Shooting Supplies sells? Hell weed wasn’t even a legal business a year ago and now it’s deemed essential? I guess if the government sold gun parts THEN they would be considered essential and you’d be ok with that.

Take a trip to Costco or Walmart or any of the other places you mention that is allowed to keep their doors open and have a good hard look at what people are buying. Then come back here and tell us about how all that was being purchased was everyday necessities.

And you did read the part where they said they are not asking for the floodgates to be opened and that they are willing to go above and beyond what the currently open stores are doing to keep people safe right? Does that really sound like “bold faced greed and ignorance” to you?
    Last edited by Runningfool; 04-28-2020 at 10:44 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bc308 View Post
    I am not sure if this thread is so irredeemably off track that any middle ground is left.
    Select Shooting: Hey guys, we put a lot of hard work into opening, sure would be good if we could and are hoping to get the community meaningfully involved.
    CGN: Not on my watch.

Seriously though, as YoungestPiperCub said
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    Way to go guys. Hopefully not much longer.
    I think its just important to not jump the gun and keep public safety top of mind. And when it is reasonable, that they stick to their plan to do the best they can to make it a safe experience for those that do go. And much like people dying, others are hurting too with job losses and money not coming in its hard. But some people in this thread's answer to Šhit all over everyone else when the going gets tough is incorrect.

Too long, didn't read (TL;DR):
    Open when you can, don't push it to be sooner than you need it to be, as sad as it is, gun stores and ranges are not food and medicine. Everyone get out and support your businesses that matter to you when and how its SAFE to do so and grandpa doesn't have to die because you wanted a snapcap or a new Adam Sandler DVD from bestbuy.

It amazes me how many Karen's are on this forum. If you're scared of the COVID bogeyman stay home. You dont get to dictate what others do, thats not how a democracy works. As the poster above stated, essential business seems to be a very broad term lately so who are you to chastise a business for wanting to open. You guys are the type of people to snitch on your neighbours for taking their dog out to #### arent you....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    I get what you are saying but can you explain why booze or weed or DQ Blizzards are more essential than the stuff Select Shooting Supplies sells?.
    I agree, why some poor sod has to work at DQ right now for $10.75/hr is beyond me. Fast food != essential. Let them collect Coronabuck$, or better yet, let the fat-cat board of directors take paycuts to keep them on the payroll and send them home!
    Last edited by trimeal1; 04-28-2020 at 11:07 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trimeal1 View Post
    I agree, why some poor sod has to work at DQ right now for $10.75/hr is beyond me. Fast food =! essential. Let them collect Coronabuck$, or better yet, let the fat-cat board of directors take paycuts to keep them on the payroll and send them home!
    It has nothing to do with how much someone is paid and everything to do with how the government has decided what is essential and what isn’t! Maybe they should temporarily change their name to Select Shooting Supplies & Sandwiches! Hahaha. Dean has probably already thought of that

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KALIKO JAKK View Post
    If you're scared of the COVID bogeyman stay home. You dont get to dictate what others do, thats not how a democracy works.
    lol ... umm back to junior highschool. That is how democracy works. The majority picks for everyone. But it seems more like your issue is with free speech.

You seem like the kind of person that has more pride than brains. You would rather die than change an opinion you have pouted about.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    It has nothing to do with how much someone is paid and everything to do with how the government has decided what is essential and what isn’t! Maybe they should temporarily change their name to Select Shooting Supplies & Sandwiches! Hahaha. Dean has probably already thought of that

lol I should have been more clear. I agree that it has nothing to do with how much money they make. Rather I was trying to illustrate how the pay is not worth the risk. But yeah, non essential for sure. I would argue that weed and booze 100% aren't essential either but a bet more than a few people would get mad at me for that too.
    Last edited by trimeal1; 04-28-2020 at 08:13 PM.

CGN Regular
    Removed.
    Last edited by trimeal1; 04-28-2020 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Post Condensing.

Quote Originally Posted by KALIKO JAKK View Post
    So stay home you useless ####... the virus will never get you right...? but no, you gotta flap your lips and tell other people what they should or shouldnt do... #### off you spineless ####...
    What he said ^^

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    You're kidding, right? I don't know if you guys have read the news lately, but there's this ####ty thing called COVID-19 that is currently a global pandemic. The reason why places like Costco and Walmart, amongst other businesses are allowed to keep their doors open is because they sell everyday necessities (You know, food, clothing, sanitation materials). I get that it sucks that mother nature had other plans during the period of time you were supposed to open up a new shop, but advocating that non-essential businesses be allowed to have people browsing, touching and in general being within close proximity of others, is stupid. Absolute bold faced greed and ignorance. Almost everyone is hurting during this, but try being part of the solution instead of the problem by actually using your influence for good instead of feeding into the fire of idiocy. You might as well be standing in Queen's Park with the rest of the goofs in Toronto.

Seriously disappointed in you guys for even thinking this is a smart think to ask.
    Jeez, I hope I never come across someone like you. Loosen up a bit - aka its time to take the gun out of your you know what.

Congrats - the store looks great. I’ll drop by when you open and buy some stuff.

For the others - we can’t stay closed until the world gets a vaccine. We just can’t. That will be a year from now or more.

We need to reopen carefully and follow all best practices. Store owners are looking to follow all guidelines.

Small businesses are our friends and neighbors. They’re doing their best.

Great job on the store. Hang in there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast