Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Our New Location is Almost Ready to Open - Just Waiting on Ford

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    It has nothing to do with how much someone is paid and everything to do with how the government has decided what is essential and what isn’t! Maybe they should temporarily change their name to Select Shooting Supplies & Sandwiches! Hahaha. Dean has probably already thought of that
    For what it's worth anyone notice that Rangeview Sports is still open? I mean I haven't physically checked myself, but their site says they're still open. Am I missing something or have they somehow defined themselves as essential?

Here --
    https://www.rangeviewsports.ca/
    It's one of the sliding promo banners on the top of their site.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJoe View Post
    Congrats - the store looks great. I’ll drop by when you open and buy some stuff.

For the others - we can’t stay closed until the world gets a vaccine. We just can’t. That will be a year from now or more.

We need to reopen carefully and follow all best practices. Store owners are looking to follow all guidelines.

Small businesses are our friends and neighbors. They’re doing their best.

Great job on the store. Hang in there.
    This is true for everyone. If this drags on into the back to school/holiday shopping season, the world economy will collapse, and there will be civil unrest and starvation wherever you want to look. Give this situation another 3-4 months and see what happens...

The honest conversation we need to have, which no-one is yet really having, is what is the value of life vs economy, and at what point does loss of life from economic damage overcome loss of life from Coronavirus? That conversation is coming, but no-one is really being honest about it. We have Trump on the economy side, pushing that viewpoint, but not honestly saying that American lives will need to be sacrificed for the greater good, then on the other side we have doctors and many gov't people saying all life is sacred. No-one tho is being honest about the actual situation yet. I'm hopeful we can start discussing this more honestly soon, so we can really figure out the best way forward.

As you said tho, we don't have much time. A month or two past the gov't backstopping wages is going to be a real problem...and as of now they're only backstopping them till ~June 15.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggle View Post
    DQ is on the list cause it's food. You want gov't to get into the weeds trying to define allowable food?

Weed is no longer on the list.

And alcohol is on the list cause if it wasn't the number of ppl going to the ER with alcohol addicion withdrawal issues would make the Covid crisis look like peanuts. Sad, but true.

And my business works with WalMart, Canadian Tire, and Giant Tiger, all of whom remain open. We're in conversation with their buyers, so I can tell you in general terms what they're selling a lot of.

The first couple weeks was almost exclusively food, drug, and sanitation/hygene. All other areas, including apparel, were a dead zone. After the initial panic, thing like home improvement, garden centres, and personal hygene (trimmers, hair dye), picked up.

So in general... I'd say yes, most things being sold are essential. There's grey areas around the Home Depot and gardening stuff, but that's ppl keeping themselves sane at home, and getting some time away from the wife and kids.
    Hey thanks for joining this forum 2 days ago and telling us all about the virus and businesses! Lots of great info!
    I especially like this: “ So in general... I'd say yes, most things being sold are essential.” That doesn’t sound at all like bullish!t!

I also really enjoy: “There's grey areas around the Home Depot and gardening stuff, but that's ppl keeping themselves sane at home, and getting some time away from the wife and kids.”! That doesn’t sound at all like the kind of stuff Select Shooting Supplies sells!

CGN frequent flyer
    Hey thanks for joining this forum 2 days ago and telling us all about the virus and businesses! Lots of great info!
    I especially like this: “ So in general... I'd say yes, most things being sold are essential.” That doesn’t sound at all like bullish!t!

I also really enjoy: “There's grey areas around the Home Depot and gardening stuff, but that's ppl keeping themselves sane at home, and getting some time away from the wife and kids.”! That doesn’t sound at all like the kind of stuff Select Shooting Supplies sells!
    I'm not getting why some ppl here are so aggressive. Does it make you feel more like a man?

Really a bit odd...

Quote Originally Posted by IanON View Post
    Do you have a direct CBC propaganda line straight into your brain? If you believe the narrative that our overlords have cooked up you are the ''goof''...
    You're insane

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggle View Post
    I'm not getting why some ppl here are so aggressive. Does it make you feel more like a man?

Really a bit odd...
    That’s not aggression it’s sarcasm. And it’s not done to make me feel more like a man, it’s done to illustrate the folly in your post.

CGN frequent flyer
    That’s not aggression it’s sarcasm. And it’s not done to make me feel more like a man, it’s done to illustrate the folly in your post.
    And I thought mocking and calling bull#### were aggressive in nature.

Silly me.

I look forward to your next well thought out rebuttal.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456