Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rising prices in these strange times

Threats? What the hell is wrong with people.
    "Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns...."

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraGuy View Post
    Was thinking the exact same thing.

CGN Regular
    It makes me sad that people cannot understand the exchange rate. The CDN lost between 7-9 cents on the dollar, depending on the day. Of course our prices will go up.

If they go down once the dollar improves that how it works. I do believe most shops will try to lower prices when their margins allow for it.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    It makes me sad that people cannot understand the exchange rate. The CDN lost between 7-9 cents on the dollar, depending on the day. Of course our prices will go up.

If they go down once the dollar improves that how it works. I do believe most shops will try to lower prices when their margins allow for it.

I did an interview a few weeks ago and I had to explain in detail to a reporter for a reputable news paper about how a poor performing CAD dollar affects the prices of goods sold within Canada, it was like I showed them fire.

That is really where this thread was thought up... Some people just dont know.

Appreciate the transparency.

Add this to the long line of reasons why basic economic concepts should be mandatory in high school curricula.
    “I spent most of my dough on guns, gals, and gas, and the rest I wasted.”
    -me, with apologies to Elmore Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGuy View Post
    If you look at a lot of the threads on this website, you can certainly pick out the kind of stupid that would do it. Mind boggling to me how some folks are in their own little world, and have access to guns to boot. Really hoping Wanstalls is doing the right thing and letting the horse police know of said threats. Those kind of idiots need to have their licenses revoked.

Appreciate the transparency! Do you guys do free shipping at $### amount by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    ] Really hoping Wanstalls is doing the right thing and letting the horse police know of said threats. Those kind of idiots need to have their licenses revoked.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    I did an interview a few weeks ago and I had to explain in detail to a reporter for a reputable news paper about how a poor performing CAD dollar affects the prices of goods sold within Canada, it was like I showed them fire.

That is really where this thread was thought up... Some people just dont know.
    Some people don't/can't read anything but what they are after. Be it they don't care, or just read slowly, they remain ignorant to certain realities in life. Most news networks don't cover it in the general news hour so they never hear about it.

I've spent a good chunk of money at Wanstalls over the years, including my first firearm, a couple more after that, ammo, mags & a safe. Always dealt with Craig & Matt, when I had a manufacturing issue with an item Matt replaced it and took the defective one back without knowing if they would see their warranty credit, he said mine wasn't the first and they had 5k in warranty limbo with said manufacturer. This is the kind of faith Wanstalls puts in its customers. Would be nice to see some customers do the same.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Dealers can set what ever price they like . If it's too high most will not buy .
    Another dealer always comes along with with a lower price . It's always a buyers choice to buy or not to buy.
    It's not like the oil companies that gouge customers every chance they get & you have no other option.
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast