Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rising prices in these strange times

Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    A business barking at its customers to be entitled to charge higher prices and they should kowtow and like it.

Lowest price gets the business

The sycophantic customers lapping it up are funny though.......

In tough times, the toughest survive.

Lowest prices get the dollar.
    Customers don't need to "kowtow" to a higher price - buy it or don't buy it. This isn't heat, or food (for most), or shelter.

And you've confused the words "free" and "entitled". Business requires profit to stay open. No profit, no business. "Oh man, those guys were great, their prices were amazing, I wonder why they closed down, everyone shopped there". This crybaby entitlement to / demand for the bottom-of-the-barrel price is the road straight to China. "Make it cheaper, make it cheaper, make it cheaper, save labour cost, save safety cost, cheap cheap cheap.... Oh hey, what happened to my job? Why has the company closed? How come our manufacturing is offshore? Look how the government has wrecked the economy! Why is everyone under-employed? Why is everyone on government assistance? Why does all my #### wear out or break down so quickly?"

You pay cheap, you get what you ####ing deserve. I just wish your demand for sea-cans full of cut-rate garbage wasn't also sinking the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by A_guy View Post
    You pay cheap, you get what you ####ing deserve. I just wish your demand for sea-cans full of cut-rate garbage wasn't also sinking the rest of us.
    What's the difference between the M&P9 2.0 for $819 at wanstalls vs the same gun at many other Canadian retailers for $600? Or the M&P15 sport II for $999 at wanstalls vs $799 elsewhere?

You can be the one person to buy the one gun from wanstalls with their huge markup, while 50 of us buy 50 guns from the other guy. The other guy is bringing in more guns, making them more affordable, employing more Canadians, and selling the same quality products. Where is the down side? Your angry rant makes no sense.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    ...I'm not saying wanstalls is price gouging at all, i believe them when they say their costs have gone up thus increasing price to the customer; what i am saying is it's not unreasonable for a customer to then purchase from another vendor who had more than 30 days stock on hand and still has pre corona prices...

the idiom "youre a business not a charity" goes both ways...The 30 day turn around was probably a great model during ideal conditions, now not so much. Expecting the customer to jump for joy when they have to pick up the slack for this failure in management especially during times of tighter budgeting is a bit ridiculous IMO. While customers not understanding the intricacies of your particular business model can be annoying, its also unreasonable to expect them to...i see the frustrations of both sides.

Unforeseen events test the fortitude of everyone, including businesses. As a small business owner myself i sincerely wish the best of luck to wanstalls during these tough times.
    We agree, and this post was not intended to guilt people to buy from us. Just more so an explanation for those who take time out of their day to email us threats and are upset when they see our pricing go up.

Expried Business Member
    This thread is closed down.

Refer to our first post, a lot of comments here are addressed in the first post.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345